A significant rise in CAA display charges

markjames68

Yes,the "Get down from that mound" sounds a bit silly but H&S being blamed might not be the truth. Could be another security "thing" to go with the world we're living in. How low did the Reds come in? I don't know if you remember the Falcon's Herc that hit a bloke stood on their Bedford TK. They're a bit twitchy about things like that now. Basically..They do what they like,say anything they like within reason in the area around the camp. Just another nail.

Edited by bzn20

Ay carumba!

If the Reds were that low I would expect a few 'hat on, no tea and biscuits' interviews tomorrow. They might also be picking bits of tree out of the nose and intakes.

I suspect it is more down to somebody scared witless that a Hawk might fall onto somebody. Quite how they will cope once the team get their DA for the season I don't know, but a horrible thought comes to mind that ultimately the Government of the day (of whichever colour, mods) may use this argument as a way of neatly avoiding the whole Red Arrows Hawk replacement question and disband the team as a 'safety measure'. Much better than saying that they cannot afford shiny new jets for the red suited sky gods to play with.

How depressing. I'm much too cynical for my own good sometimes.

• Like 2

Ay carumba!

If the Reds were that low I would expect a few 'hat on, no tea and biscuits' interviews tomorrow. They might also be picking bits of tree out of the nose and intakes.

I suspect it is more down to somebody scared witless that a Hawk might fall onto somebody. Quite how they will cope once the team get their DA for the season I don't know, but a horrible thought comes to mind that ultimately the Government of the day (of whichever colour, mods) may use this argument as a way of neatly avoiding the whole Red Arrows Hawk replacement question and disband the team as a 'safety measure'. Much better than saying that they cannot afford shiny new jets for the red suited sky gods to play with.

How depressing. I'm much too cynical for my own good sometimes.

More likely they will provide shiny new R/c models for the pilots to play with instead. Or, heaven forbid, just have the pilots running around the airfield performing formation changes on foot as the budget won't even extend to models!!. Oh dear! Hang on! One of them might trip bringing down the whole formation..............!!!! Aaaaarghhhh! Another elf'n'safety nightmare. You do not hold the monopoly on cynicism Sir!! :lol::lol:

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

"Get down from that mound" sounds a bit silly but H&S being blamed might not be the truth.

Highly unlikely, I'd say. Plod are good people and obviously have public safety in mind in all that they do, but they're mostly not trained in H&S, and of course they don't work for the HSE. Just because someone says something is for health and safety reasons doesn't mean it is. It's just a convenient code-word, over-used to shut down thought or to give someone a bit of extra clout when they feel like being officious. Or, as has been explored before in this parish, to over-charge for insurance.

• Like 1

It's very disappointing to note that the aviation press has barely mentioned this issue. The editorial in the latest FlyPast does mention it and there is a very small news item, but -unless I've missed it- I cannot see anything in The Aeroplane.

I would have thought that these publications might have been banging the drum, but apparently not.