Westland Wasp decal options

TOPGUN88

• 11 months later...

Hello 

Would anyone be able to help me. Ideally I would like a scan of the instructions showing the decal position  for XT794 mentioned in the Model Art decals 72/036.

I am currently working on  a painting of XT794 and struggling to find any reference material. As a last gasp attempt I came looking here . I am trying to find out if there were any red cross making on the tail stabiliser. All the photo are in B&W and very poor quality. If anyone could scan their instruction sheet it would be greatly appreciated.

Wasp%20XT794_zpsesbwtgn3.jpg

Edited by alawrence
Added photo
  • Like 1

Thank you for such a superb high quality scan. The extra drawing of the tail shows it is white and carries a red cross. The tail is cut off on the single photograph I have so this is very useful information to have.

You have helped make my painting more accurate.

Best regards

alawrence

• Like 1

Two things - firstly when I spoke to Colin of Freightdog at Telford, he said his resin Wasp moulds were currently with Czechmaster for production, so looks like we might see this kit emerge this year.

Secondly, with that in mind my Warpaint book on the Scout & Wasp will be published in a couple of weeks - has colour photos of nearly ALL Scout and Wasp schemes including the Red Cross Falklands Wasp.  

• Like 5

Hello AMB

I will definitely be looking out for a copy of your Warpaint book. I am always struggling to find good reference for the IR missile deflectors fitted to the Scouts, so I am hoping you have some material covering these.

Here is the latest progress of my painting using the info kindly provided by dolphin38.

RCB%20Wasp%20XT794%20Small_zpsue44wbua.j

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AMB said:

Two things - firstly when I spoke to Colin of Freightdog at Telford, he said his resin Wasp moulds were currently with Czechmaster for production, so looks like we might see this kit emerge this year.

Secondly, with that in mind my Warpaint book on the Scout & Wasp will be published in a couple of weeks - has colour photos of nearly ALL Scout and Wasp schemes including the Red Cross Falklands Wasp.  

I hope he does get the mouldings out soon, but he's been telling me that for a couple of years now  :(

The moulds are superb, I suffer from overdoses of 'WANT' every time I see them

The Nimbus is a thing of beauty.. I held the master in these little fingers, oh ecstasy

Seriously well worth it but I fear were in for a much longer wait

That is why I am having to do the Wasp the other way, from Airfix's Scout

And the book Adrian, I do wish you'd been able to get it out for Telford, it was going to be the only book I bought last year without scrabbling round for discounts

alawrence, that picture gets better every time

I like it v. much

:thumbsup2:

• 2 years later...

A very comprehensive Wasp and Scout decal sheet arrived in my postbox today from Air Graphics. 21 options are included in the set for 1/72 scale. They also do the AS-12 missiles and a nice replacement engine, not forgetting of course their Wasp conversion.

All very nice

Regards Toby

• Like 1