Westland Wasp decal options

TOPGUN88

I just won a bid at the weekend, spending silly money on an airwaves Wasp conversion set for my scout,

After searching the net i found out that i could only find decals from mav decals for SAAF, Old model decals New Zealand version and a Forgotten Operations Falklands war sheet with a camo scheme.

Does anyone know if there are any other Wasp sheets available as many of them seem to be long out of production

Edited by TOPGUN88

Beyond making your own...ask in the wants section...or, modify available transfers. (Check Hannants for generic national markings...ie, standard sized roundels, standard sized force legends, e.g. 'Royal Navy' at about 11 inch height etc, etc.

Other than specific sheets, I know Colin of Freightdog was/is considering a kit release. Don't know however if decals were ever near the production stage. Just a heads up on that front.

But i too have an Airfix Wasp but haven't tracked any conversion sets so I will admit...I'm a very jealous little boy. Hope you complete your project.

A 'Flying Marines' Scout is my only recourse at the moment...keeping everything Pusser as I have to, but I'm sure the AAC had a lot to do with that.

Model Art decals 72/036 has six options . 1/ Wasp XS527 HMS Endurance/829 NAS South Georgia - 1982, overall Blue-grey.

2/ Wasp XS537 O Admiral's barge/845 NAS HMS Bulwark - 1982 overall bright green.

3/ Wasp XT415/446 Fishery protection/829 NAS HMS Rhyl circa 1978 overall blue-grey.

4/ Wasp XT887/430 Achilles Flight/829 NAS HMS Achilles - 1988 overall blue-grey and yellow "wasp" tail stripes.

5/ Wasp XT794 HMS Herald Flight/829 NAS Falklands - 1982 overall blue-grey with white portions on fuselage air ambulance

6/ Wasp XT795/373 St. Helena Flight/829 NAS Falklands - 1982 overall blue-grey

Edited by Mick4350
  • Like 1

Yeah the £72 quid one. Really wantef it so had the funds sitting left over from christmas.thanks for the help guys. Bentwaters has hooked me up with the model art decal sheet mentioned with all the different royal navy decals.

Yeah I know silly money. LOL. Nobby57. I I did indeed look at hannants and at 1/144 scale roundels for the fuselage sides and already have the xtradecal navy titles but I couldnt find squadron badges. prob typing in the wrong thing lol. Glenn if I had known that I would have deffinately taken you up on your offer. :)

been looking on google to see if there are any kits out there that i have that have as-12 missiles in them but cant find any that may have these missiles in them. Anyone know of any kits that I can steel a pair from that I may have in my stash just encase I decide to model the kit with one on each side?

Edited by TOPGUN88

Thanks guys. does the aviation news articles plans 1/72 show the armament/missiles that were used on the scout/wasp? Looked at the website for the photocopies of these but couldn't get a preview picture.

Edited by TOPGUN88

Airwaves did two sets for the Airfix Scout. (Apart from the wasp conversion)a set for the scout incuding missiles,for guns and skid mounted guns,and a set for a wasp that Included the missiles your after.

The Aviation News drawings do not show any weapons fitments. So far all the Wasp/Scout drawings I have do show anything either. However the Scale Aircraft Modelling article colour scheme drawings do show some views that might help.

John

http://s197.photobucket.com/user/JJELLIS_PHOTO/library/Westland%20Wasp%20Scout?sort=9&page=1

Thanks guys. John Ive had a look and those drawings are really helpful indeed, Ive even noticed one that cought my eye with the exocet decoy on starboard side and the AS-12 on the port side. I did come across a post somewhere with someone saying there were 1/72 scale drawings of an as -12 but I havnt came across it again.

I see the inevitable feeding frenzy has begun

£43 at 1400 hrs, closes this evening

Thank the Lord for Slater's rod and polycard...

(oh yes, good luck to the man who had the foresight to pick up a few before ED Models was closed down, wish I had)

• 3 weeks later...

oh hell I really do wish I had popped over to Stratford Rd before Andy shut up shop

Thanks for the heads up but I'm sure I will be plastic rodding and scratchy engining mine soon

"Watching" ;)