Kitty Hawk Su-34 1/48 - render - March

Tali

I just want brave companies giving the market fresh air, like KH and Freedom Model. I'd like to see a Gulfstream G450 for example, or an AW139, EC155, AW169, AS350B3 all in 1:48, or a S-76D, The new H160, Formula 1 cars...the list is so long i could write from now till 6 am of the next day.

As someone who for years has been getting more and more fed up with the seemingly endless diet of Spitfires, Mustangs, Bf 109s and Fw 190s churned out by most manufacturers, I agree completely with your sentiments about 'brave companies giving the market fresh air'.

I've bought most of Kittyhawk's kits as the subjects interest me; I'll be the first to admit that they have some inaccuracies and fit issues (they're no Tamiya) but I'm prepared to support them in the hope that they will improve and continue to issue kits of subjects not tackled before, or at least not for many years. They seem to be going in the right direction, their recent Kingfisher looks to be pretty good, and I'm really looking forward to the T-28. Meanwhile, what's Revell giving us? Yep, another Me 262..... Zoukei Mura? Yep, more 'Luftwaffe 46' and another 1/48 F-4J.....I rest my case, your honour!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I for one would love to see many varied subjects been released. From F1 cars to the most obscure but fascinating aircraft. And yes, the continual release of the same old subjects does get me down a bit. But I for one applaud any new company that releases subjects, as I for one think that it shows innovation. Oh, and if anyone of these new companies, or for that matter one of the established ones, releases an injection moulded 1/32nd Hurricane Mk1 for the masses, I will truly be pleased.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necro this thread, but damn, how did I miss this??? Besides the Bronco, Fullback is my other Holy Grail kit and KH has them both! YES.

Stash will be complete.

Can't wait for some more CAD screen grabs (hint, hint). :-)

PB

I for one would love to see many varied subjects been released. From F1 cars to the most obscure but fascinating aircraft. And yes, the continual release of the same old subjects does get me down a bit. But I for one applaud any new company that releases subjects, as I for one think that it shows innovation. Oh, and if anyone of these new companies, or for that matter one of the established ones, releases an injection moulded 1/32nd Hurricane Mk1 for the masses, I will truly be pleased.

Not sure how is that relevant here?

There is not even one Su-34 in 1/48, let alone the Su-27 that has been represented by just a single option for decades.

Edited by DIO

• 3 months later...

Box art. In action with dummy missiles (white+black stripes)! The famous Kitty Hawk art of approximation.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/736521713066784/photos/a.736556396396649.1073741827.736521713066784/1187135988005352/?type=3&theater

13934669_1187135988005352_51119921391159

More CADs

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kitty-hawk-736521713066784/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1187178021334482

14068269_1187178148001136_32217024675394

13939345_1187178198001131_52414972880840

14045554_1187178134667804_54473312134766

13938413_1187178078001143_73699365466313

14046147_1187178031334481_27415906858407

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

Be patient. They've to buzz as the HobbyBoss 1/48th Su-34 kit is now reported on final. A bit like the AMK chief-lobbyist facing the very soon arrival of the Tamiya's Tomcat...

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Once you finish a kitty hawk kit, the model is a perfect replica of the real one. Is a kitty hawk model harder to build?True. Is it a thrustworthy representation of the real model?Yes.

I prefer looking to my glass showcase and admire a model that i recognize to be the real one in scale! That's my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. And on top of that, I prefer to believe Kittyhawk is just a brand for the more experienced of modellers, that may be the simple thruth. The rest can buy the kits which require less skills.

Joe!

Edited by Robotics
  • Like 1

Kitty Hawk put more detail than we expected! And this is why many went for it.

On building people started also to realize that there are issue, but nothing so tragic.

They need time and attention. I find Trumpeter with their poor research far more worse than KH kits!

The fact that AMK and some more managed to produce kits of exceptional quality, does not make all the other obsolete.

There is joy and happiness even in the old monogram century series kits!

Dio, imo, you are absolutely right. Just see what I have done with the old Monogram RF-101B Voodoo. Full rescribe and rivetjob and some elbowgrease to make it all fit and hey presto!! And I had a blast making it all fit, what I think is what this hobby is all about.

DSC03398bew_zpsehexxjis.jpg

DSC03386bew_zpspilrvf4d.jpg

Joe!!

Edited by Robotics
  • Like 6

Be patient. They've to buzz as the HobbyBoss 1/48th Su-34 kit is now reported on final. A bit like the AMK chief-lobbyist facing the very soon arrival of the Tamiya's Tomcat...

V.P.

I hope they don't rush it...

the Hobby Boss kit looks for th etime being as representing some kind of prototype.. tail stinger without APU exhaust, radar nose with panel lines representing th eprototype metal nose cone etc...

so there seems to be room of improvement!

Dio, imo, you are absolutely right. Just see what I have done with the old Monogram RF-101B Voodoo. Full rescribe and rivetjob and some elbowgrease to make it all fit and hey presto!! And I had a blast making it all fit, what I think is what this hobby is all about.

Joe!!

Stunning Voodoo

Joe!!

Beautiful.

Monogram had been so much advanced back these days.

Their dimensions and shape had been almost on the spot.

You brought this to todays standards though :-)

SU-34???? When????

the Hobby Boss kit looks for th etime being as representing some kind of prototype.. tail stinger without APU exhaust, radar nose with panel lines representing th eprototype metal nose cone etc...

so there seems to be room of improvement!

The Kittyhawk kit appears to lack the upper wing fences fitted to the latest Su-34's - and the small fillet at the junction of the wing leading edge and the ESM pod (when fitted).

Plus no APU inlet grille and exhaust in the tailboom.

Just saying.....

Ken

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates for this?

I heard its coming with the Jaguar weapons sprues and Mirage pylons.... ;)

But no, seriously - KH are a bit of work, but surely they wont get this one too annoyingly wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too sure why they are using photos with that weapon display (of incomplete/asymmetric load outs) for the Su-34 release. At least the B8M rocket pods are not right from a quick glance as it is.

Really wish KH would do things a little better all round and help instil a little more confidence - I really do want to like them, but... yknow...?

17 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Not too sure why they are using photos with that weapon display (of incomplete/asymmetric load outs) for the Su-34 release. At least the B8M rocket pods are not right from a quick glance as it is.

Really wish KH would do things a little better all round and help instil a little more confidence - I really do want to like them, but... yknow...?

Kitty Hawk one of the companies that are releasing Russian weapons sets and the weapons shown are the same as those shown in the photos announcing the future release of the set. Be interesting to see if you get those weapons with the kit if their releasing them as a seperate set.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011025-148-kitty-hawk-modern-russian-weapons-set/

Muzz

Aye, I saw the weapons set, just looking for clarification of whats what. They dont seem great with their website either.

Cant see them including that weapons set with the kit, too much there really. Would rather they "did a Hasegawa" and released it with little stores, leaving the Brassin etc options instead of charging a small fortune for a load of not quite right bits that wont be getting used. Im scarred by fictitious Jaguar fuel tanks (that are the same as the Mirage tanks that they got pretty right) along with..... we know the score.

Hoping against hope that they just release a nicely detailed, not over fussy or monster priced, decent 34.

Man, Im getting pessimistic. Come on KH - get it spot on and redeem yourselves!!!

• Like 1