Kitty Hawk Su-34 1/48 - render - March

Tali

Once you finish a kitty hawk kit, the model is a perfect replica of the real one. Is a kitty hawk model harder to build?True. Is it a thrustworthy representation of the real model?Yes.

I prefer looking to my glass showcase and admire a model that i recognize to be the real one in scale! That's my opinion.

Edited by OverTorque
  • Like 1

it is not yet bad, so lets see, no!

by the way, the Su-34 does not have thrust vectoring nozzles.... and I am missing wing fences for a current model...

.... nor the APU intake and exhaust in the tail boom.

But that may be just a CAD thing ??

Ken

Once you finish a kitty hawk kit, the model is a perfect replica of the real one... Is it a thrustworthy representation of the real model?Yes.

I prefer looking to my glass showcase and admire a model that i recognize to be the real one in scale! That's my opinion.

Que?

I only have their MiG-25. Despite all the fuss about shape errors I thought it was an okay kit and bought one.

The sprues are so warped that the fuselage halves aren't even in speaking terms. So I'm holding out and waiting for the 'early adopters' to tell tale.

Those TVC nozzles on CAD are,of course,wrong for the 34, BUT maybe they are considering SU-35S od SU-30SM (MKI ,MKM) in the future and somehow they wondered through the mist to Su-34 drawnig

Long shot.... :banghead:

Edited by petarvu

I only have their MiG-25. Despite all the fuss about shape errors I thought it was an okay kit and bought one.

The sprues are so warped that the fuselage halves aren't even in speaking terms. So I'm holding out and waiting for the 'early adopters' to tell tale.

There are quite a few errors with this kit some more obvious than others. Ya-Ya Gabor pointed out quite a few before giving up. The biggie is the cockpit and front fuselage. I think they could have saved the kit with a sprue of replacement parts but chose not to. They were looking at the two seater but again decided not to. I think the AMK MiG-25 will be much better.

IMHO it seems that there are two groups of manufacturers;

One is customer orientated and looks to improve their product and accept higher initial costs in the expectation of larger long term gains.

The other seems to 'repeat as necessary' with no attempt to improve, churn new items quickly and hope for a few good sellers accepting that many will only make money in the short term.

The problem the dedicated hobbyist faces is that a manufacturer aiming at the mass market is often priced at the premium end for whatever reason and is compared unfavourably with the true high end manufacturers. A MINI is a good car but not at Rolls Royce pricing. I'll let you decide which fits each manufacturer...

EDIT: to clarify DIO's observation below

Edited by SleeperService
  • Like 2

Just to correct that there is no Su-34 coming from AMK.

I agree to the rest!

A pity there isn't based on past performance but amended post.

MINI and RR are both products of BMW.....just sayin' :whistle:

Have a gold star, I thought very carefully about my example. If you want to buy a standard spec MINI for 150 000 GBP send me a cheque and your specification. :winkgrin:

Anyhoo BOT sorry for the diversion. I hope that one, at least, of two things happen;

One manufacturer gets it right.

One manufacturer improves the engineering.

I mean, when choosing a kit i put more attention on the fidelity of shapes/dimensions of the real model :) Am i confusing you?lol

Yes. Because most of Kitty Hawk's releases have a number of shape/dimensional errors. I don't even think the people who are fans of their stuff would argue with that; they'd say they don't think the shape/dimensional errors are enough to detract from the finished model, but suggesting they are " a perfect replica of the real one"? I... just... really?

Kitty Hawk?!?]? :confused:

Kitty Hawk put more detail than we expected! And this is why many went for it.

On building people started also to realize that there are issue, but nothing so tragic.

They need time and attention. I find Trumpeter with their poor research far more worse than KH kits!

The fact that AMK and some more managed to produce kits of exceptional quality, does not make all the other obsolete.

There is joy and happiness even in the old monogram century series kits!

• Like 1

I have experience on their 365 dauphin. It's simply the best on the market today. If you compare the kitty hawk with the trumpeter, you will realize the trumpy is totally a poop. The downside is that is far more complicated to put together.

Maybe this is the only kit by KH done in the right way. Time will tell.

Cheers!

Edited by Mike
Language please.
  • Like 1

I just want brave companies giving the market fresh air, like KH and Freedom Model. I'd like to see a Gulfstream G450 for example, or an AW139, EC155, AW169, AS350B3 all in 1:48, or a S-76D, The new H160, Formula 1 cars...the list is so long i could write from now till 6 am of the next day.

Regards!