An other Lancaster 1/72

I started this project of a Lancaster in 1/72, based on the Revel kit. The surgery got a little bigger than planed, and I am not sure what I am getting into. So far I sanded the fuselage halves, paper thin and scratch built the bomb bay. Then I decided to redo it in 3D printing along with the formers. Feel free to shoot.

IMG_6446.jpg IMG_6449.jpg IMG_6450.jpg IMG_6453.jpg IMG_6455.jpg IMG_6676.jpg IMG_6677.jpg IMG_6678.jpg IMG_6680.jpg IMG_6682.jpg

Edited by architect
  • Like 6

Start a mass production cos I would like some . . .

They look awesome but I think I would have just produced them for the cockpit and nose, sadly the fuselage beyond the main spar will never be seen.

It quite a different take on a 72nd build so I will watch with great interest. The thought of 3Dprinting brings all kinds of ideas to mind such as a fuselage section being replace on a dio or even a wing section, each showing 3D ribbing in place.

Look forward to seeing more

Ian

Just imagine the fun you could have building a Wellington, with its geodetic fuselage structure, either being fitted with its material covering during assembly (Hangar TS at Weybridge?), or with fire damage after a raid...

• 2 weeks later...