"Axis Encore", the use of Axis equipment post war Group Build suggestion...4 more needed

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Possible wider scope option of WW2 Vehicle/Ships/Aircraft in use with Nations other than those originally intended 1946 too date

I was thinking of WW2 British/US kit in IDF/Lebanese service for example ???

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 1

Possible wider scope option of WW2 Vehicle/Ships/Aircraft in use with Nations other than those originally intended 1946 too date

I was thinking of WW2 British/US kit in IDF/Lebanese service for example ???

I had considered it, but I'd like to keep things to Axis equipment as it's a little more unusual and I don't want the topic to get too wide in scope. Plus I think there is already plenty of subjects to choose from with the current parameters.

That said, we could keep the allied section for another potential Group Build. I do have a Mongolian Il-2 and an Isreali Mustang in my cabinet, along with decals for things like Cuban A-26's and Finnish T-34's.

• 3 weeks later...

Its gone very quiet, is that it then?

Need to keep pushing this one so here goes...

...bump!

This is the GB for all of that Axis hardware that continued to be used after WW.II finished - I'm thinking of doing either an Armee de l'Air AAC.1 Toucan (Ju-52 to everyone else), or a Lebanese SM.79 - but feel free to choose any plane, train, ship, tank, truck or kubelwagen of your choice! :D

(Brad, I hope you don't mind me giving this one a push but I would like to see it go ahead)!

Wez

• Like 1

As the MS.500 Criquet was a post-war new build Fiesler Storch, would it have to be in French service, or would any of the Criquet's users be acceptable? I ask because I've stumbled on a nice set of Loatian markings for one.

• Like 1

As the MS.500 Criquet was a post-war new build Fiesler Storch, would it have to be in French service, or would any of the Criquet's users be acceptable? I ask because I've stumbled on a nice set of Loatian markings for one.

Ask yourself this, are those Loatian markings post VJ-day? If so I reckon they count (although it's up to Brad really).

• Like 1

Argentina used several Ju-52s (passenger type) during the '50. Spain did too - they were retired during the '70 (!)

Argentina used the FW-44 Steglitz too.

Egypt used both the Fiat G.55 and the Macchi 205 - there are decal sheets for both.

I think I'm going to do one of these... ;) Count me in!

• Like 1

Yep, Laotian MS 500's are in as they were used in the 1950's. Are you in Foxbat?

I've added you to the list Moggy.

Edited by Brad
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have seen a picture of a swimmwagen with tactical signs on it from the 11 th Armoured division in Normandy.

O, Also don't forget the ships that changed flag during and after WW II.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Well, being a Finnish Air Force fan, as well as esoterica, it shouldn't be hard to join this.  Hmm, would a "used" Hawk count?  US built, but captured by the Chermans and sold to Finland?  But there's that 109 I've been meaning to do anyway.

bob

• Like 1

A Finnish Hawk 75 would count Bob, just so long as it was in post war markings and they were used until mid 1950's I think. 

Still keen to get this up for the vote next year.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning Brad

I have the Academy Fieseler Fi 156 Morane Saulnier MS 500/502 Criquet kit in my stash and I plan to build the Criquet version used by the French Air Force

Could I join this Gb with this build ? 

Patrice

• Like 1

• 4 months later...