Westland Sea Kings

Thought it was about time I posted some pictures of my fleet of Sea Kings.

Having spent the best part of 16 years in the FAA out of 18 years in the RN and spending the majority of that time on Junglies, I decided to do a few versions of the work horse.

I have now completed a version of every Mk including a Mk3 and several versions of the Mk4 that I have worked on.

Here are a few pictures of the fleet for your enjoyment.

Any questions, ask away.

Keith

20131021_193729_zps5gjxo3z8.jpg

20131021_193740_zpslh2sxwav.jpg

20130616_220114_zpstjpkhwcv.jpg

20130616_220156_zpsaxwjvokx.jpg

20160125_200001_zpsic8citg4.jpg

20160125_195933_zpss6lparks.jpg

20140720_123247_zpslzmnnoas.jpg

20140720_123331_zpslm611req.jpg

20140123_161939_zpsxiy6aron.jpg

20140720_122907_zpsfjauasim.jpg

20130421_124539_zpszufsntps.jpg

20130421_124749_zpskqxvghgc.jpg

20160125_195752_zpsork1ytaa.jpg

20130527_164808_zpsxcqtvaea.jpg

20130527_164749_zpsydddwpzv.jpg

20130527_164826_zps35ueyxqn.jpg

20160127_195120_zpsybw56lmh.jpg

20160127_195156_zpsuk9bntzb.jpg

20130616_215513_zps5vjqvudw.jpg

20130616_215533_zpspwai6tyr.jpg

20130615_141046_zpshk5opp9v.jpg

Edited by faakeith
  • Like 13

Hello,Keith - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Sea King'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the clean patina.A resplendent tribute to the type.All the best,Paul.

Hi Keith

Do you have any tips for the main rotor fold and the means of securing the blade ends?

Regards Toby

Toby, I tend to fit the No 1 blade over the spine to get the correct position for the head. Then fit the blades either side but cut through the root and bend it enough to line up the blades.

the two that fold down the sides need cutting and angling too get the corerct look. All held in place with super glue.

I also fit tipsocks and glue thread in place to resemble the rope.

Post what??

You are supposed to post the photos of your finished models on here,.....otherwise you`ll have your post locked up mate!

If you look at the other posts you`ll see what I mean!

Edited by tonyot

Took me two days to get this post up!!

I`ve just copied your Merlin photo over in a few seconds,.........doesn`t take long! Have a look at the FAQ`s if you are struggling posting pics,.....it should get you firing on all cylinders.

We get a lo of bloggers on here linking their photobucket accounts or websites so that they can clock up their visitor numbers and so the mods on here will block a RFI post without pictures attached, as basically,....you have nothing ready for inspection,

Cheers

Tony

I`ve just copied your Merlin photo over in a few seconds,.........doesn`t take long! Have a look at the FAQ`s if you are struggling posting pics,.....it should get you firing on all cylinders.

We get a lo of bloggers on here linking their photobucket accounts or websites so that they can clock up their visitor numbers and so the mods on here will block a RFI post without pictures attached, as basically,....you have nothing ready for inspection,

Cheers

Tony

Ahh I see, well I have no interest in counting numbers but will endevour to post the pictures instead.

Ahh I see, well I have no interest in counting numbers but will endevour to post the pictures instead.

If I were you I`d edit your initial post and add them there,.....nice and tidy that way.

Cheers

Tony

Cheers

Tony

Well you learn something new every day! Have used BM for years now and I didn't know this, good to know though.

Cheers Tony.

Rgds,

Eng

Edited by eng
  • Like 1

Great collection Keith, and a brilliant collection of pics. Incredible the number of variations the Seaking airframe has seen over the years.

Rgds,

G

• Like 1

Keith,

Your input is timely. I have just bought the new Airfix kit in order to reproduce a model of a Seaking HC.4 that I had the chance to fly in 1992. By good fortune the late Model Alliance included the very aircraft (ZF118) on their decal sheet for the Sea King. Unfortunately, I did not take any photos of the aircraft at the time so I cannot recall what defensive aids suite it had fitted etc. I know the cabs have been through several modification programs as a result of subsequent service in Iraq and Afghanistan but I do not know whats new and what is not. I was going to post a request for information on BM before I saw your post on here this evening. Are you in a position to help me out ?.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Keith,

Your input is timely. I have just bought the new Airfix kit in order to reproduce a model of a Seaking HC.4 that I had the chance to fly in 1992. By good fortune the late Model Alliance included the very aircraft (ZF118) on their decal sheet for the Sea King. Unfortunately, I did not take any photos of the aircraft at the time so I cannot recall what defensive aids suite it had fitted etc. I know the cabs have been through several modification programs as a result of subsequent service in Iraq and Afghanistan but I do not know whats new and what is not. I was going to post a request for information on BM before I saw your post on here this evening. Are you in a position to help me out ?.

Cheers

Mark

I'm sure I can help, if not I know a man who can ;-)