MPC/Round 2 1:48 scale 22" Eagle Transporter

• 1 month later...

So almost 2 months later, we come back to this build, having spent the intervening time on building the Fireflash+TB4 diorama and the monster North Cormorant Oil Platform. The latter is waiting for the bathroom sealant water effect to dry (link is in the sig), so I've come back to this build.

First thing was to re-familiarise myself with how far I'd got and then to proceed... In the down time, I made an effort to collect various decals to use on this build. This includes some generic red and blue lining decals as well as a generic sci-fi set of decals that I picked up from somewhere i saw on the Starship Modeller FB page

DSC_6629.JPG

Don't ask me where I got it now, but there lots of useful bits on here and as you can see I've already used some of them :) Speaking of which, where did I use them then?

DSC_6625.JPG

These are the 4 shelves that go under the cages on the two walkways, they've had some red and blue stripes added and the greenish decal on the larger sphere was taken from the set. These now need a dark wash to bring out the detail and they'll be ready.

Next was to revisit the engines

DSC_6627.JPG

This is a mix of decals from the kit, from the scifi set and from a pdf uploaded to the Space:1999 Ships FB group.

Next job will be detailing the spine and further assembly of the cages.

• Like 1