I-TALO S.M.75PD

11 hours ago, Moa said:

Beautiful!

Did you post a WiP for it?

Cheers

Hi there glad you like it, it is one of the few models I have kept, still liking it!

No wip on this one, it really was quite straight forward build wise. I had to do a bit of research to nail the lines of the blue painted areas but I found the required picture angles. The only thing I did differently to the  conversion instructions was that I did not use the replacement cockpit transparencies, I did not think I could achieve a satisfactory job with them, after measuring up and looking at the pieces I sawed off (! Yes I did!) The resin fuselage cockpit framing. Then I sawed the original sm82 kits canopy in half, reduced the width by removing material from both inside edges to fit the narrower resin fuselage. I then glued the 2 halves together again adjusted the framing with judicious sanding and put it on the resin fuselage..a rare complete success and the model is better for it methinks!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2016 at 4:51 PM, JWM said:

Very nice result!

I like Savoia machines... I have in stash SM 75 by Broplan (vacu), which I am intending to do as Hungarian ambulance or paratroop carrier. I hope the get half as good result as you - sometime in future...

What will be your next conversion? What about SM 73 out of SM 81? To simply? :)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Both SM 75 and Sm 73 looks great. I have not started mine Broplan Savoia and convrsion of Sm 81 to SM 73... Still there is so many machines in stash and many temptates strogly :) Maybe your build will inspire me t start sooner with those beasts...

Regards

J-W