1/72 Bulldogs and Snipes - more Silver Wings

Hello everyone.

After more rummaging around I've found the other 1/72 Silver Wings planes from some years back. I remember being really pleased with the Bulldogs, which has got to be one of my favourite Airfix kits. The trainer version was a simple conversion (no aftermarket extras!) with repositioned wings, new tail and metal panels from plasticard, and a hole in the decking for the second seat. I've included a few extra photos showing the differences. I did the same with the Snipe using Toko's kit - I don't think they were Roden at that point. I've just noticed a few wilting wires in the photos which I didn't catch earlier. The Aeroclub Gamecock unfortunately has suffered a bit but is repairable.

Looking at these again has definitely given me the taste for another at some point this year. I was sure I'd built a Fury, but maybe that explains why I've got four Matchbox kits in the Stash! Perhaps I should try one of them next. I built up a lot of experience building these kits as well as having great fun, and with new materials available now it would be a nice challenge to work on another.

Thanks for the many positive comments and likes from the previous posting.

Haris

http://harisali.co.uk/

Bulldog%201.jpg

Bulldog%202.jpg

Bulldog%20trainer%201.jpg

Bulldog%20trainer%202.jpg

Bulldog%20pair%202.jpg

Bulldog%20pair%201.jpg

Snipe%201.1.jpg

Snipe%201.2.jpg

Snipe%201.3.jpg

Snipe%202.1.jpg

Snipe%202.2.jpg

• Like 21

Amazing as usual! Love this kind of rigging! What do you use for it?

Andy

I think I used 0.1mm fishing line at that time Andy, or maybe something similar coloured with a black marker, pulled through pre-drilled holes and secured with super glue. I've also used haberdashers smoked nylon mending in thread, but now I'm very keen on the range of elastic produced by Eschi van de Rosten (see link) as it's less prone to breakage.

http://www.uschivdr.com/products-in-detail/rigging/

Hope this helps.

Haris