This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hunter Rose

1/6 Spacebase 2000 Inspired Astronaut Sculpt

Like it. Want one. Want one NOW!

Okay so I managed to get the wrist computer light sorted!

Started by blocking out the sides of it with some aluminium tape and just to be on the safe side I mixed some black paint with some gel medium to seal the edges where the foil meets the top

40470718083_5840d686f5_c.jpgIMG_20190309_141605 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

Then with no choice but to show off my AMAZING soldering skills I soldered some wire onto my led after threading it through the hole in the side

33560483108_e67e994482_c.jpgIMG_20190319_132813 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

Just realised this pic was the first time I did it, you can see that I left the legs a bit long which was pushing it more over to one side which gave really uneven light when I tried it. So I used the soldering iron to remove it and cut the legs down before soldering it back on which allowed it to sit in the middle for even light distribution.

Then got it back in place and I gave it a test and let there be light!

33560486528_60a74bfdfa_c.jpgIMG_20190319_133726 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

33560479628_02806aa048_c.jpgIMG_20190319_134141 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

Apologies for the crazy photo, that was me holding each wire on the battery and simultaneously taking a pic! Was really good seeing it lit up, I've backed out of lighting on so many projects was nice to see it coming together, even if my elctrical skills leave much to be desired! :lol:

Next up I'll get it glued in and then use greenstuff to fill around it and create a raised border around it

Thanks for looking, more soon :)