Hurricane IIa, Z2402, GL-P

Mitch K

End in sight!

Have you attempted anything with the fabric representation on the rear fuselage? I am still undecided about trying something, and I need someone to tell me to leave it well alone!!!!

But the small devil on my shoulder is saying otherwise!

Again, great show Mitch!

JR

• Like 1

End in sight!

Have you attempted anything with the fabric representation on the rear fuselage? I am still undecided about trying something, and I need someone to tell me to leave it well alone!!!!

But the small devil on my shoulder is saying otherwise!

Again, great show Mitch!

JR

Jean,

Thanks very much! All of that part of the kit is"out of the box". The main issue with the fuselage (IMO) is at the point just behind the "doghouse". The ribs there should not be short, nor should they meet the rest of the fuselage ribs at an angle! All the kit ribs are parallel: they should very gradually get closer togther as they reach the tail. Personally, I don't think this is fixable. Or if it is, the work involved is enormous - too rich for my blood! Most non-enthusiasts won't notice the error, and I'm living with it on two builds. A good, affordable, main-market Hurricane MKII doesn't seem like a big ask to me, but obviously I'm wrong!

• Like 1

Jean,

Thanks very much! All of that part of the kit is"out of the box". The main issue with the fuselage (IMO) is at the point just behind the "doghouse". The ribs there should not be short, nor should they meet the rest of the fuselage ribs at an angle! All the kit ribs are parallel: they should very gradually get closer togther as they reach the tail. Personally, I don't think this is fixable. Or if it is, the work involved is enormous - too rich for my blood! Most non-enthusiasts won't notice the error, and I'm living with it on two builds. A good, affordable, main-market Hurricane MKII doesn't seem like a big ask to me, but obviously I'm wrong!

Hi Mitch,

I agree with you about the ribs meeting at an angle and I was not intending to do anything about it either! I am only slightly masochist... I have seen builds where the ribs are all sanded down and thin plastic strips/stretched sprue are glued on the fuselage, and I don't like the result.

I was merely talking about putting thick paint and/or Mr Surfacer in the valleys between the ridges of the fabric, and sanding the whole damn lot afterwards... Still a not too clever thing to attempt, but...

Will see how I feel when the fuselage is complete. I have finished the extension of the back fuselage into the cockpit and I am finalising the armoured plates that will fit in front of it, as well as re-building a seat. Where will it end!?

You will have finished your fourth model by the time I end up with a badly modified Hurry. But, hey, I am having a lot of fun.

Cheers and have fun too!

JR

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here she is, done! Spinner, aerials, gun port patches, the whole Turkish orchestra.

I've weathered her (dirtied her up, actually) in keeping with the grot of Malta. I'll put some more piccies in the Gallery shortly.

glp_10_zpsqnwggbk4.jpg

glp_11_zpsotb5s0dz.jpg

glp_12_zpsbnrznrb1.jpg

glp_13_zpshpjljbbt.jpg

glp_15_zps5bpbt4ll.jpg