Pocher news

Stu_davros

Pocher 1:8 scale Mercedes-Benz 300 SL “Gullwing”
metal kit HK108

"The new POCHER Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing – with doors, bonnet, boot and even windows to open. But we wouldn’t be POCHER if we weren’t looking for that “certain something” in our models: The new 1:8 kit comes with real working lamps and interior light, even the brake light lights up stepping the pedal. Last but not least the die-cast metal POCHER kit features working steering and folding down steering wheel.

• Exactly scaled replica of the orignal Dunlop R5 tires.
  • Highly detailed cockpit.
  • Functional headlamps and interior lighting.
  • Functional gullwing doors, boot and hood to open.
  • Detailed original accessory luggage. Specially made for Mercedes-Benz 300 SL by Karl Baisch.
  • Faifthful and super-detailed reproduction of the six cylinder M-198 engine.

Scale: 1:8 | Pieces: 1300 | Dimensions: 556 mm x 224 mm x 165 mm | Weight: 9 kg
Price: $799.?

I think Pocher have done a crafty deal here...

If you look at the pics, it seems to be the IDENTICAL model that Eaglemoss partwork-tested last year - even down to the same working parts - NOT available in the UK....

It seems highly coincidental that Pocher are suddenly stating 'available soon', when all their other kits have had around a years notice.

It points to a kit that is already sorted - such as the Eaglemoss one:

https://www.eaglemoss.com/de-de/modelle-modellbau/ihr-modellbausatz-mercedes-300sl/

It still seems odd that they are releasing a kit in direct competition to a partwork model though.

Presumably the partwork test failed.

Depending on who it is 'actually' made by, it might be great, or in the case of the Eaglemoss Aston DB5, not very good at all.

However, pics on the Eaglemoss page do look extremely good - particularly the chassis etc.

Lets wait for a bit more info.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

Strange that it is on the 'proper' Pocher website, but NOT if you search via Hornby - Does that hint that it won't be available in the UK?

Roy

It's conceivable but the Hornby site has been lagging the Pocher one for some of the previous news and releases. I'm sure they'll add it soon.

On a different note, someone on another forum pointed out that the roof on the model is a separate part ( you can see a joint line under the rear side windows ). That may be an issue for some people.

Stuart

Just seen that Pocher have announced that they will produce a Mercedes 300SL gullwing in 1\8th.

Be still my beating heart.

You've just made my week with that news.

You have also just ruined my week, knowing how much that will cost. :( And that's not even factoring in the various detail sets that will inevitably follow.

• Like 2

You've just made my week with that news.

You have also just ruined my week, knowing how much that will cost. :( And that's not even factoring in the various detail sets that will inevitably follow.

I too am thinking long and hard as to how to avoid this kit! May have to sell everything and be done with it!

I was lucky enough to visit a museum in Germany a few years ago which had a restoration shop at the back. There were 7 of these cars under various stages of restoration all under the same roof. Needless to say, they had to scrape me off the floor!