More out of the loft - 1/72 Silver Wings

As with my recent Airfix Whirlwind posting, a few more rediscovered models from the loft. These are ones that have survived, others need repair. Surprised that they've lasted as they must be more than ten years old now.

Czech Master Nimrod, Aeroclub Flycatcher, Frog Siskin. The Siskin was a simple kit and an absolute joy to make. Hope you like them - this is a great period to model, and looking at them I fancy another go.

Haris

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0002_1.jpg

sis2_1.jpg An older photo of the Siskin from the front - must take a few more

DSCF0021.jpg

• Like 28

Hello,Haris -.Yes,I do like them very much indeed.I can appreciate the enthusiasm for modelling this period in aviation.Your builds are beautifully detailed and finished and are resplendent tributes to these charismatic types.All the best,Paul.

Hello,Haris -.Yes,I do like them very much indeed.I can appreciate the enthusiasm for modelling this period in aviation.Your builds are beautifully detailed and finished and are resplendent tributes to these charismatic types.All the best,Paul.

Thank you for that Paul. There's a Bulldog, Bulldog trainer, a Fury I think somewhere, a Gamecock which has suffered a bit, and a Snipe. I'll post later if they're in any fit state!

Haris

• Like 1

Beautiful kits! As luck would have it, I've been able to retrieve all the main parts to a partially-built Flycatcher that had gotten a bit broken up over the years. I've been thinking about finally finishing it and your lovely example is a good incentive to get on with it.

Regards,

Jason

Thank you for that Paul. There's a Bulldog, Bulldog trainer, a Fury I think somewhere, a Gamecock which has suffered a bit, and a Snipe. I'll post later if they're in any fit state!

Haris

Please do so when you can! ;) All the best,Paul.

Very tasty!

Strange but I did not remember Siskin from Frog. What year it was? The Scalemates seems not to know it neither. Are you sure that it is not a Matchbox one?

Could you give more photos of Nimrod? Please...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Revell repopped the Matchbox Gloster Gladiator and Hawker Fury kits not so long ago, so fingers crossed the Siskin gets the same treatment. EBay prices are insultingly high.

I built one an easy forty years ago and the finished plane is long lost, but I remember it was a sweet kit to build.

Very tasty!

Strange but I did not remember Siskin from Frog. What year it was? The Scalemates seems not to know it neither. Are you sure that it is not a Matchbox one?

Could you give more photos of Nimrod? Please...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Of course it's the Matchbox kit - I think I meant to say that! At the time I managed to pick all of the kits in the series of models I did second hand, from traders at shows, or under tables for no more than around £5, and possibly much less. The only exception to that was the Nimrod which was a magazine review kit. There seem to be no problem of supply - I've at least one, possibly two more Siskins in the loft. I've not looked for any 'silver wings' kits for ten years or more so I suppose they may well be hard to come by now. I also seemed to come across lots of the Modeldecal sheets for all of these colourful interwar types. Revell have released the Fury again with a nice decal sheet and one can only hope they do release the Siskin again, though I'm really surprised that no one has bought out another 72nd scale kit yet.

Haris

• Like 1