AV-8B Harrier

Hello,

This is my 1/72 Hasegawa kit I built OOB for the local group-build themed Desert Storm. I used Gunze FS 36375 and FS 35237 for the camouflage and supplied decal for the marking. The kit is excellent and needed very little filler.

Thanks for looking.

P1240920_zpsype6lpaw.jpg

P1240910_zpsowxacm40.jpgP1240936_zpsxdynxraj.jpg

Edited by Alex Sidharta
  • Like 40

I read that a few of these were destroyed in Afghanistan in a raid, making me wonder every time I see them, if a depicted airframe was lost. As I understood it, there aren't that many Harriers in the US arsenal.

Edited by Housesparrow

Wow, thats really fantastic work for 1/72 scale. very well built and painted.

very nicely weathered. did you use the salt technique. personally i find that some of the salt crystals could have been a bit too big.

so what i ended up doing is pounding regular table salt to smally crystals and mixing it with salt from Mc Donalds (fine salt). gives that

irregular size effect.

salted-1_zps335cd26e.jpg

11_zpse5068573.jpg

1_zpsb5fb5edb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, thats really fantastic work for 1/72 scale. very well built and painted.

very nicely weathered. did you use the salt technique. personally i find that some of the salt crystals could have been a bit too big.

so what i ended up doing is pounding regular table salt to smally crystals and mixing it with salt from Mc Donalds (fine salt). gives that

irregular size effect.

salted-1_zps335cd26e.jpg

11_zpse5068573.jpg

1_zpsb5fb5edb.jpg

Great model you did, Shan...!

No, I don't use salt-technique for weathering. Form my experiences, the effect I want can only be seen through camera lens and I can't see my result with my bare eyes. That's why now I use "standard" technique...: washing, and post weathering using oil paints and pastels.