Jet 2 livery

Hi all,

Im coming closer to finishing my monarch a320 and have just ordered a 737-800 There was a few airlines I was thinking of doing but I fancy the jet 2 silver one but I'm aware of the white and blue jet 2 holidays livery.

I was just wondering if eventually all the silver ones will be painted to the White or they will remain silver because if so I'll do the white one

Advice and opinions would help

Jackson

Hi Jackson

I'm not sure about the history of why the Jet2 Holidays and Allegiant liveries are so similar.

However, as far as I’m aware both Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays liveries will continue to be used for the foreseeable future. Jet2 Holidays is a separate ‘package holiday’ division, with Jet2 being the ‘flight only’ division which operates all the aircraft. Both liveries are treated as one airline. The cabin fit is the same, all with the red and grey seats.

There doesn’t appear to be any system as to which aircraft are painted in what livery. Its probably the increasing success of Jet2 Holidays that means more and more aircraft are being painted in the promotional livery. It certainly seems to make Jet2 aircraft stand out a little more, all helping to advertise Jet2 Holidays.

So I think you are safe to paint a 737-800 in either livery.

If you need details of the Jet2 livery, see page 41 of the Jet2 brand guidelines http://www.jet2.com/docs/pdf/jet2effect

Hope this helps

Tim

Jet2 didn't lease any extra aircraft for the big routes last year, and the long lease aircraft are painted in a mix of the mica/red Jet2.com schemes and the white/blue Holidays scheme. The mica/red is here to stay and will be seen on some the aircraft being leased this year. I don't know about the new aircraft to be purchased from September 16, but they are likely to be in a mix of the schemes.

Sadly G-CELB which had YORKSHIRE emblazoned down the side went to that great coke-can factory in the sky this winter.

One guess which airline I work for.

Regarding the Jet2 holidays livery, I seem to recall that Allegiant obtained some Boeing 757's and they were repainted into their livery, but there was some delay in requiring them for a while. Jet2 leased them in the meantime, but adapted the colourscheme to avoid the cost of repainting a freshly painted plane.

Dave

Hi

as far as i am aware the only aircraft that were leased from Allegiant are the 2 757-200s G- LASL and G- LSAM they were leased a couple of years ago for the summer the other 737-800 have come from other sources i know one was an ex Austrian 737-800

the link tells you the history of where the aircraft operated

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Jet2.htm

just be aware that 737-800 G-GDFD has a slightly different coloured tail to the rest of the Jet2 holidays 737-800s , i am also guessing that the older 737-300s and probably some of the -800s will be replaced with the newly ordered 30 737-800s that Jet2 ordered from Boeing a few months back

If you are looking for decals for the Holidays livery i have the Allegiant style 757-200 decal for Jet 2 , the standard 757-200 Jet2 Holidays , the 737-800 and also the decal for the 737-800 G-GDFD

Richard

Dave (halcyonjet) is quite right about the Allegiant 757's. The leased 737s come from different sources, as do the 'pre-loved' -800s.

Rich (RICHW) - Correct again. The older 737-300s are reaching the end of their life and will be phased out over a few years. With the new -800s arriving more quickly than the -300s are phased out the fleet of 737s will grow.

Hi Jackon the pictures of my jet 2 fleet the 2 Holidays ones are done with my decals

if you look in the post Jet 2 silver further down to forum you will see a couple of pictures of mine in that post with the 2 Jet 2 hoildays aircraft , i would post them again here but photobucket doesnt seem to be working
Richard
Edited by RICHW

Hi Jackson

i want to but i cant print white, , i know somwone who can but i need to contact him to see if i can do it for me , Greg at Drawdecals does the 737-300 in the silver you wont find the yorkshire or Manchester logo jets as i got them years ago through Hannants when they sold the Brazil decal sheets

hows your Monarch A320 coming on ?

Richard

Oh right ok you'll have to let me know rich and I might put the idea a side

what other 737-800 liveries do you have that uk based airlines ?

And I've got to say that all though it's my first I'm pretty happy with it, I've done the engines,wings and most of the body just a matter of putting them all together and add finishing touches

Hi Jackson,

I hope I'm not contravening any forum rules with this as I'm new to the forum, but I wanted to build a 737-800 in the standard silver Jet2 livery myself. With the decal not being available out there I decided to have a go at producing them myself and getting them screen-printed mainly due to the white used in the livery. The decal is at the printers at the moment and I have got a few extra being printed just in case other modellers are interested in the decals too. I've included an image of the decal being printed below - it is quite detailed with different door variations, aircraft registrations, names and the current USPs being used on the fuselages for the current fleet. Similarly I also have the Jet2 757 standard silver livery being printed as I want to build that one too. Just thought I'd let you know in case you're interested - I will post it in the forum once they are ready and available to buy.

Cheers

Richard

RJS_Jet2_738_zpsnwxrrfcb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Jackson,

I hope I'm not contravening any forum rules with this as I'm new to the forum, but I wanted to build a 737-800 in the standard silver Jet2 livery myself. With the decal not being available out there I decided to have a go at producing them myself and getting them screen-printed mainly due to the white used in the livery. The decal is at the printers at the moment and I have got a few extra being printed just in case other modellers are interested in the decals too. I've included an image of the decal being printed below - it is quite detailed with different door variations, aircraft registrations, names and the current USPs being used on the fuselages for the current fleet. Similarly I also have the Jet2 757 standard silver livery being printed as I want to build that one too. Just thought I'd let you know in case you're interested - I will post it in the forum once they are ready and available to buy.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

just a quick question which company do you use to print your decals with the white on as i am wanting to get some bits printed for my decals that i cant do on the inkjet like white door outlines

Thanks

Richard

Edited by RICHW

Hi Richard

Thanks for the reply and I would be interested in the decals please let me know when there available

and I'm also still interested in the jet 2 holidays 737 rich I think I want to do both I think they would look good together

Hi Rich

They are being printed by BOA in the Czech Rep. I believe some of the bigger guys use them for their decal screen printing. I have found them really helpful and easy to deal with and their decals are very high quality.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Rich

They are being printed by BOA in the Czech Rep. I believe some of the bigger guys use them for their decal screen printing. I have found them really helpful and easy to deal with and their decals are very high quality.

Thanks

Richard

Thanks for that

Richard

• 1 month later...

Just received my copies of Ric's 738 & 752 decals, very impressed with the quality of the decals, instructions and service.

A selection of fleet reg & names are included (7 for the 737, and 5 for the 757, with & without winglets).

The instructions give both sides of the aircraft, one aircraft is covered in a large diagram, and the alternatives detailed in smaller diagrams, top marks for these!

The cockpit windows shown in Ric's picture weren't included, the instructions advise you to use the kit decals for these and the wing stencilling - as the kit decals are good quality, this shouldn't be a problem.

Hi Jackson,

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for the comments Dave, I really do appreciate it and glad you like the decals.

Yes apologies regarding the cockpit window, but having test fitted the final screen-printed decal, I found that the angle of the window wasn't quite right, so decided to exclude it. As you say, the cockpit window supplied with the kit decal is very good so I figured it wouldn't be too much of an issue. I will however correct it for any future 738 decals I may produce.

As Dave's post confirms, I have now received the Jet2 738 and 757 screen-printed decals from the printer and have a limited number available, so if you're interested in getting hold of either set, please feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

My 738 decals arrived this morning, only 2 days after I paid for them.

Like Dave Swindell, I am very impressed with the quality of the decals and the service provided by Richard.

I'm very much looking forward to getting started.

Richard