Evening all. Welcome to my little corner of BritModeller; long time viewer, first time post(er).

So... My MP4/4. I had previously built the MP4/23 that Degostini had released which went okay but was pretty giddy about this release. For anyone that loves F1, I think a part of us were all a fan of Senna and to be able to build this iconic machine was a must.

Juggling a young family and starting design business meant I had the luxury of having ALL the pieces arrive month by month and no time to build it... Until now... Mwah ha ha!

So, enough of the waffle, on to my attempt to build this 1:8th scale monster!

• Like 1

Yeah of course,

It recommends use of 3 glues but I have to admit I have stuck (pardon the pun) with super glue. There are some areas held with the smallest screws which I'll try to show in more details as I go on.

They also advise using ABS glue which I have for the smaller areas... It evaporates far too quick to use on anything long than an inch or two!

They had a completed Senna car at the London Model Engineers Exhibition a few weeks back.... it looked the business.... crying out for Marlboro decals.

You will have one jewel of a model when complete.

The subscription includes a sheet of letters in the correct font to create the Marlboro decals.

I'm looking forward to seeing this build, it's a great kit and this is a great start.

Cheers,

Stuart

• Like 1

Thanks all,

I will usually look to update on the weekend (if not sooner) as I spend my weeknights doing a little freelance design so apologies if the updates aren't fast and furious:

Colin - Yes, the finish on the paint is pretty impressive; glossy and looks every bit like the original!

Sean and Stu - My decals arrived unexpected through the door a few weeks ago. Made me smile as they advertised it as "Moflbero" :winkgrin: But to my relief there are spares to make it the authentic Marlboro MP4. I'll post a photo of them tonight.

Thanks for your comments and I hope to meet all your expectations with the build!

• Like 1

Utterly laughable.

All because the current 'elf an' safety' crowd say we can't advertise ciggies (or anything!) that is technically labelled as 'for kids'..... Sadly, that's where model kits fit in.

Hence, Tamiya, or ANYONE - do not include decals for:

JPS, Camel, Marlboro, Johnny Walkers....... any more to add?

NOWT to do with licensing.

Blame the 'PC' brigade.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 2

Here we are again. Tonight's installment is the second front brake disc and caliper - Start to finish. You get the main bulk of the caliper in the packet; the main wheel rod and housing was supplied and fixed together in the issue prior.

Caliper%20Packet_zpsfq1kotvp.jpg

There are several areas that need to be prep'd prior to just sticking it together, namely the disc where the paint is scraped back to the original plastic. And the calipers where the small triangle tabs get the same treatment...

Disc%20Scratched_zpsex6s0ug1.jpg

Caliper%20Prep_zpsdqaenwza.jpg

These are then stuck together respectively and the small grey inserts are added to the calipers...

Disc_zpskorvdvn5.jpg

Caliper%20Prep%202_zpsojniegog.jpg

With all the parts now stuck, they can be formed together to make the second caliper. This will eventually fix to the MP4/4 by the suspension arms with a wheel nut fitted to the bronze rod.

I also added extra detail using an ink wash on the rivets of the disc and recesses of the caliper, just to add some more depth and grime.

Caliper%20parts_zpso8gfptpv.jpg

Caliper%20Done_zpsykfnfma5.jpg

Edited by Racing Line Designs