Airfix 1/72 Westland Whirlwind

Hello everyone.

I was rummaging around the loft looking for a few things. My completed models, stored in boxes, are laid down in layers with the oldest on the bottom. So in something akin to an archaeological dig I removed a lower layer to reveal models I'd forgotten about. This comes from 10-15 years ago as part of a club Airfix model challenge, the older model the better. My painting style has changed a bit but I didn't do a lot of extra work to this kit (the second release version of the kit) apart from a few minor scratch built items. I remember really enjoying making this, and it reminds me of how complicated models can get now with aftermarket products, plus our demands for absolute quality. I reckon it's time I found another older kit to build.

Haris

http://harisali.co.uk/

Whilwind%204.jpg

Whilwind%202.jpg

Whilwind%203.jpg

Whilwind%201.jpg

• Like 19

Very good impression of Whirlwind!

I also really appreciate the idea of sometimes 'returning to basics', relaxing the pressure of potential perfection a bit.

I can't count how many of my projects have stalled because of an overwhelming cornucopia of third party detail sets and research revealing a perceived need for tricky corrections…

Long live the ancient Airfix and Matchbox kits!

Kind regards,

Joachim