1/32 Tamiya Spitfire mk.IXc

i will glue the ailerons in the nutral position?

If you do, just make sure that the control column position reflects that too. If it is slightly to one side or the other, then position the ailerons appropriately with the 'Up' aileron being the side that the control column (or spade in this case) is deflected towards. The same goes for the elevators, which normally fall under gravity and the stick / column would be seen forward of the neutral position.

With regards to the Spitfire's ailerons, they were known as 'Frise' ailerons with the up-going aileron also showing part of the lower edge to the oncoming, higher pressure, airflow beneath the wing. This counters adverse yaw. The deflections on each side, up and down, were not quite the same either, with the up-going aileron deflecting slightly more than the downwards travelling aileron.

But then, heck, what do I know?

What I do know is that the painting and weathering is superb!

• Like 1

With regards to the Spitfire's ailerons, they were known as 'Frise' ailerons with the up-going aileron also showing part of the lower edge to the oncoming, higher pressure, airflow beneath the wing. This counters adverse yaw. The deflections on each side, up and down, were not quite the same either, with the up-going aileron deflecting slightly more than the downwards travelling aileron.

Well, in that case I was wrong! Also sprach Joachim! :badmood:

Al

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 1