Republic RF-84F Thunderflash - 1:48 TanModel

Julien

Im not a rivet counter, I would rather of had no rivets on this kit, but some manufacturers nowadays seem to like to put a few rivets on there kits because it seems to be fashionable, which would be fine if skin panels were held on by their edges, but as it is, it just looks weird. I would rather manufacturers either leave the rivets off or add them so at least they have a believable pattern, they don't have to be that accurate.

I was just trying to confirm if that is the case with this kit so I know how much work I will have filling the rivets, it's not going to stop me buying this kit.

Your post does raise a very valid point - at the end of the day, no matter how great a kit may or may not be, we all have different expectations. Me - I like the rivet detail, whereas you're not so keen. Often, no matter how great a kit is, peoples opinions will differ. It's a tough line for kit manufacturers to toe, how much detail is too much, not enough or just right? At the end of the day, if the finished article is something that you are happy with, then it's all good.

Edited by March
  • Like 3

RF-84F%20Out%20of%20Stock%201024x768.jpg

First batch of our RF-84F is out of stock!

Dear Forum members and modeler friends;

As a new brand, first batch of our 1/48 scale RF-84F kit is now out of stock after the last orders we received yesterday. Our RF-84F is very well acclaimed and we would like to thank you, our modeler friends, for your great interest shown in our kit.

It will take about 60 days for the next batch to arrive in our stock and to distribute them. We kindly ask the modelers planning to purchase our kit to contact our distributors in their respective countries or their local hobby shops.

We would like to express our thanks to you and to of all distributors, hobby shops, all editor-modeler friends who reviews-built our kit, who collaborated with us to reach you.

Best Regards,

TANMODEL Team

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...