Tu-22KD Blinder from Modelsvit - 1/72 scale 'Shilo'

Outstanding

I just wanted to echo the Thunderbirds post, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the seats.

I wonder what the crew thought the first time they flew it, "no really, you sit in this and then we push you up listen for a click and that should hold you !"

Cheers Pat

Beautiful Blinder, Ken! As I've said before about the Blinder, it was not a great success, but it definitely had the looks, a sort of 1950's view of what a futuristic aeroplane should look like. I'm toiling away at mine - I have the wings and the tail surfaces done, then it's on to the nicely-detailed but doomed interior (doomed to not being seen once finished and everything closed up). Shortly before I wrote this post, I received my T-4 Sotka (and my Ye-150). I know you did the Ye-150, but did you ever build the Sotka? It's not on your site.

Best Regards,

Jason

Good lord Ken, don't be hard on yourself as it looks a beauty but I know what you mean about running out of steam, that happens quite often. As for the intake rings I just wondered if you'd found some photos of one that I'd never come across before. I haven't got as far as the nacelles yet but have heard a few tales of woe regarding the fit so will need to take a close look at them. The one thing I thought didn't quite look right were the kits wheels, not the detail but the brake discs at the rear, they seem too pronounced and set the wheel too far from the bogie ala Tu-144. I'm using an Equipage set which don't have these and they sit close to the bogie which seems more accurate when viewed from the front....only a minor thing, basically it's a great kit and you've more than done it justice....

Thank you for the link, Ken! I knew I'd seen the Sotka built up somewhere. I even mention having seen a built-up model in my ongoing book on Soviet strategic bombers. What paint(s) did you use for the titanium finish?

Regards,

Jason

P.S. I just noticed that the bort is '101'; why didn't the Soviets' use '100' instead? Perhaps some kind of inside Sukhoi joke using '101' instead?

Edited by Learstang