Italeri News 2016 now official

Drareg Naitsirhc

Good to see the F-5F reissued, this kit had been OOP for many many years. Wonder if their decision was affected by the fact that I had finally managed to find one only a few months ago... :lol:

(Of course not, but isn't this often the case that when a modellers finally finds some rare kit this is then immediately reissued?)

• Like 3

Wonder if it could be combined with the Tamiya kit to make a decent 1/48 AD-4W? Anyone ever tried?

The basic fuselage in the Esci kit is for a standard single-seat Spad, the AD-4W bits are all scab-on parts, so they should work with basically any single-seat Skyraider. The only major surgery probably needed would be to cut out sections of the Tamiya fuselage around the side speed brakes to take the Esci inserts with the doors for the operators' compartment.

However Esci only included the MLG strut covers for the fully-covered landing gear (as on the AD-6/7), they gave inserts to change the MLG wheel bay from the square opening with doors to the round opening without doors but not a new strut door. The strut doors for Spads with uncovered main wheels were very different. See: http://tailspintopics.blogspot.jp/2016/04/ad-5-versus-ad-67-main-landing-gear.html

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 01:04, hopkp said:

Wonder if it could be combined with the Tamiya kit to make a decent 1/48 AD-4W? Anyone ever tried?

The best way is to combine the Tamiya kit with the dedicated North Wing Model Craft conversion set:

https://n-wing.sakura.ne.jp/secure/ProductDetail.php?iProduct=4

http://nmc.amuse-net.biz/WorkShop.php?ig=1&jg=3

ipryfxdx_200.jpg sceaflsm_200.jpg pic05th.jpg pic02th.jpg

See also Wolfpack Design:

Source: http://www.wolfpack-d.com/htm/catalog48.html

WW48023
AF-2 Guardian Folded Wing set (for Special Hobby 1/48)
TBA

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I've just got the MiG-29 reissue, and, apart from the lovely decal sheet, the molds have been updated.

There are now two full sets of exhaust nozzles, with a new and well molded set of open examples complementing the original closed ones (very welcome, since I have an ICM Fulcrum-C with one burner can somehow MIA in the stash!), and a couple of small antennae for the spine and vertical tail not included in the previous incarnation.

Sprue shots over at the Italeri site.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Good to see the F-5F reissued, this kit had been OOP for many many years. Wonder if their decision was affected by the fact that I had finally managed to find one only a few months ago... :lol:

(Of course not, but isn't this often the case that when a modellers finally finds some rare kit this is then immediately reissued?)

I think I have been looking for one for maybe 5 years or so, very happy it is back :), decals options look good too in the reissue!

Yes - here (but in German): http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/8-flugzeuge-modern/505-douglas-ad-4w-skyraider-tamiya.html

Quite a bit of work and the fit of the Esci parts on the Tamiya kit was not shake'n'bake.

That's a lovely model, but I fear that achieving a result like that would probably be beyond me. Thanks to all who replied to my question - think I'll leave this one alone, it was a nice idea, but....

Edited by hopkp

I've just got the MiG-29 reissue, and, apart from the lovely decal sheet, the molds have been updated.

There are now two full sets of exhaust nozzles, with a new and well molded set of open examples complementing the original closed ones (very welcome, since I have an ICM Fulcrum-C with one burner can somehow MIA in the stash!), and a couple of small antennae for the spine and vertical tail not included in the previous incarnation.

Sprue shots over at the Italeri site.

Cheers,

Andre

Very good to know ! Guess that the added antennae may be those used on Polish aircrafts considering the decal option. I remember that the Hi-Decal sheet for the Mig-29 advised to scratchbuild these for the polist aircrafts proposed

Very good to know ! Guess that the added antennae may be those used on Polish aircrafts considering the decal option. I remember that the Hi-Decal sheet for the Mig-29 advised to scratchbuild these for the polist aircrafts proposed

Among the parts is indeed an alternative spine antenna for the Polish option, but the added parts on the vertical tail are stipulated for both this and the Russian option.

The Hi-Decal sheet also recommends scratchbuilt antennae for the underside, from the top of my head; these are not in this boxing.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Hi hopkp.

I'm doing it right now.

Please see my Suez thread for pictures.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234995504-suez-56-60-years-ago/page-4

HTH

/Bosse

You're a braver man than I am.....nice job, I'll follow your build with interest. (Though I think I'd probably be unable to convince myself to leave the 'extra armour' in place, and I really wouldn't fancy trying to sand all of that off. Definitely in the 'life's too short category!)

Edited by hopkp
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The F-5F is now out - the LERXs have been enlarged, but the nose shape seems identical to my ancient first-release F-5F.

No sharknose, like Italeri did with the F-5E since the "Swiss Tiger" release. Also, you don't get the Swiss target tow system displayed on the box photo.

The decal sheet is lovely, though. One weird issue, for those who like to use these things, is that you only get one seat belts decal.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...