1968 McLaren M7A, Bruce McLaren. Model Factory Hiro, 1/20.

pg265

• 1 year later...

I'm another one who's late to the party - mainly because I'm not a car guy and don't come in here very often - but man oh man, what a WIP! Pascal, thank you for sharing this! I thought the kit alone was impressive but reading through your thread has shown me than even a superkit can be improved. Wow.

Beautiful work. Bravo.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sharknose156 said:

@Pascal happy new year

you should publish a small book about all your WIPs 

this is the benchmark, even a level better than many excellent models posted on the MFH website.

Beautiful model with many similarities to our MFH Eagle project. They would be marvelous together in the same display.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mates,

First if all I wish you a very Happy New Year!

Health, Happiness, Prisperity and....tons of kits!! 

Thanks for all your kind comments regarding the RROOOOAAARING PAPAYA build.

@PC2012: sorry for Late reply...

I use files and all what is needed for metal and I make my own tools gluing different grades of sanding foam on wood sticks as well as micro mesh bands.

I must admit that the M7A kit is simply stunning! One of my favorite. The M19 early looks to be   In the same vein, with a breathtaking detailed DFV engine... and dressed in Papaya orange. ;) 

The veeeeery old Heller kit is a great kit! The tires are not very good...

@sharknose156: my workbench is far from being at the required level for a book!!😂🤣🤫

@Codger: Yep! I love the T1G and,of course, have one in the stash!

But the Ferrari 312F1 67 will be better on display with 67 Eagle Weslake ;)

I have different paint for the Eagle: ZP, ZP with the small flakes size and Gravity Colors which has really tiny flakes!

I wrote to Eagle few years ago in order to have the exact color of 1967... They replied me that they didn't remember exactly!! I will try to find back the email.

I will try to take new pictures of the M7A and of the 312F1(I think I never post the last made...)

And I will try to post the last progress done on the 1/12 1967 Monaco  Chris Amon 312F1 ;) 

Thanks again for the interest for this build.

Pascal:pilot:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Absolutely fantastic build! If I may suggest a couple of things to make it look like it's "on the grid", how about adding some ash grey inside the exhausts (leaded fuel!) and a light wash of dirtied clear orange inside the oil breather pipes?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1