MiG-21 Bis "Fuerza Aerea Revolucionaria" - Academy 1/48 (Painted and decals on)

Ale85

I always liked the blue/green camo of the Cuban MiG's, so i think it's the time to build one of them! I choose the famous "black 665", a Bis Fishbed.

12565394_10207855047606335_6986142527038

just for discussion, source http//makettinfo.hu

I have a Eduard box in my stash, by the way i choose to build this Academy, also present in mi "to build pile". It's a godd kit, easy and fun to assemble, this it's my fourth Academy Fishbed!

IMG_8912.jpg

A bit of aftermarket Neomega's pit (i'had originally bought the FM Detail set but it was useless due to a big damage to the tube; i will use the interior canopy detail), Brassin wheels and decals from Aztec Models

IMG_8915.jpg

I'm a lazy modeler, so i will use this for the nose cone and the engine cover!

IMG_8918.jpg

I will post soon some progress!

ciao

Ale

Edited by Ale85
  • Like 1

Castro's "twenty one" is attractive bird. But really you can' change your mind and build it from Eduard kit ? Academy isn't good kit :/

I will use the Eduard for other proejcts, i love the 21! But i don't want to throw this academy kit in the bin, so i will build it! I'm not a rivet counter, i build models just for fun and for me the Academy is the right one to have fun and build a speed MiG-21! For the futures buildings, i will buy and use only the Eduard kit.

ciao

Ale

My speed MiG continues! Let's start with the cockpit: the Mig's tourquoise Green it's very nice and well depicts the "hospital green" of the soviet cold war planes!

IMG_8940.jpg

Actually my MiG is almost ready to paint; some fitting problems, but sanding and putting fix everything!

IMG_8943.jpg

IMG_8945.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

See you next for the painting phase!

ciao

Ale

Edited by Ale85
  • Like 2

Let's start to paint! I will use Gunze's acrylics, as always!

colori.jpg

I used alluminium by Ak extreme metal for the engine zone and the XF13 Tamiya for the dielectrics. Next stop, grey undersurfaces!

mig211.jpg

mig212.jpg

ciao

Ale

• Like 2

I finished the painting job spraying the green (H320 Gunze). Now i let it dry and tomorrow i'll start with "special effects" and decaling!

IMG_8957.jpg
IMG_8956.jpg
ciao
Ale
  • Like 1

Decals are on! For the washes i used the "Dark wash" by MiG, great product! I didi some post-shading but clear coats almost deleted it

IMG_8959.jpg
IMG_8961.jpg
IMG_8962.jpg
And now, let's go straight to the finish line!
ciao
Ale
  • Like 2