Maritime group build 2017

Pin

There are enough aircraft based GB's already on the go; in fact the majority of all GB's are aircraft so please allow us ship modellers the pleasure of having a ship related GB. I have noticed in the past that, no matter what the initial subject, someone always wants to push the boundaries. If not then I vote the title is changed to shipbuilding GB.

Mike

Hi Mike, I wasn't looking to push any boundaries, the suggestion came from snapper_city. My comment was a rather tongue in cheek reposte to Pin's statement that flying boats aren't ships - they are in the eyes of the law when they're on water. However, I do agree that there's plenty GB's for wingy things and not enough floaty things. I supported the Titanic group build, and I'll support this one if it gets launched and I'm not away earing a crust on the briney :captain:

Hi Dave, thanks for clarifying; it can be difficult to get the intention of a chat when it's textual - we can't see the body language, which would have shown this to be meant to be light-hearted. Apologies for my own reposte and let's hope this GB gets enough members and votes to become a reality.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know I'll regret this as I don't think I've ever completed a "boat" :P model in all my life, but I have a rather large one for which I need an excuse for to build. It's taking up way too much room in the stash and is eating into hiding spaces! :whistle:

So I guess you can count me in as well, will be bringing along a Merit 1/72nd Osa Missile boat! :doh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'll regret this as I don't think I've ever completed a "boat" :P model in all my life, but I have a rather large one for which I need an excuse for to build. It's taking up way too much room in the stash and is eating into hiding spaces! :whistle:

So I guess you can count me in as well, will be bringing along a Merit 1/72nd Osa Missile boat! :doh:

So you have signed up as well. We must be nuts!!!

Cheers,

yeap!!! So nuts if fact I have my build calendar all sorted out for next year with the builds listed as well all the extras to go with them....and have started initial planning for 2018........along I'm planning to startup my own modelling website!!! :frantic:

I just can't help myself.......plus I have to build the Osa as it's taking up too much room! The box is over a meter long!

• Like 1