Maritime group build 2017

Pin

I have briefly browsed through group build archive, the only dedicated ship building GB was Titanic Single Type Group Build in 2011

Is anybody interested in building a ship? For many (myself included) this is Terra Incognita way outside comfort zone - challenge, by other words.

I'm happy to narrow the boundaries to, say, XX Century Navies if the topic is too wide

What do you say?

I'd like to take part Pin. You can add me to your list. I recently bought Revell's North Sea Trawler and realistically am not going to have time to even look at it until at least next year.

Edited by Blastvader

I fear you may struggle to gain enough support or votes assuming it reaches that stage. Armour is usually cited as difficult as well although it probably has more chance than ships.

You can certainly add my name to the list as there's no harm in seeing if this does manage to get through. I have a couple of WWII destroyers which shouldn't take long to build. Still have the Akagi in the stash but not a good idea to enter that one as I'll never complete it in time.

Should compete in the somewhat easier, non-aviation category, though so good luck!

EDIT: I have a pair of Dragon´s tiny 1:700 Soviet missile vessel kits, Nanuchkas and what, Osas (?) can´t recall their names, two per box. This might be the place to get them glued together and painted grey since I can´t do any justice to such miniatures :pirate::fish::rofl: so you can remove the (?) after my name.

Edited by vppelt68

I have quite a few ship kits, both naval and merchant, which need a reason to get built so a maritime GB would be just the reason I need. Count me in please.

Mike

Ok, at least the topic shows some interest so I'm starting counting heads

The scope is as wide as possible - "just ships"

I mark (?) if the poster wrote to the topic but has not clearly and unequivocally identified his/her intention to take part

1. Pin (Host)

2. Mikemx

3. Blastvader

4. Knight_Flyer

5. Arniec

6. TrojanThunder

7. vppelt68 (?)

8. bootneck

9. snapper_city

10. davecov

11. davepb

12. AntPhillips

13. Bill Ficner

14. whitestar12chris

15. Jb65rams

16. Bonhoff

17. Shar2

18. HansReggelsen

19. SleeperService

20. Ray S

21. rob85

22. Brad

23. EricP

24. JOCKNEY

25. trickyrich

26. Smudge

27. Richard G

28. Rob G

• Like 1

I will be up for this.

Possibly worth considering any subject maritime related, including aircraft just to gain the numbers.

I don´t recommend that, as it would put this in the "unfenced" section of GB voting and there´s a dedicated maritime patrol aircraft GB entering same election, among others.

Not when they're on the water! Flying boats and seaplanes are governed by maritime law whilst waterborne and are classed as ships/boats, as are Hovercraft and WIG craft when operating over water.

There are enough aircraft based GB's already on the go; in fact the majority of all GB's are aircraft so please allow us ship modellers the pleasure of having a ship related GB. I have noticed in the past that, no matter what the initial subject, someone always wants to push the boundaries. If not then I vote the title is changed to shipbuilding GB.

Mike

• Like 2