Helmut Wick's Bf 109 E4, October 1940 (Battle of Britain) (Tamiya 1/72)

jrlx

Jaime,

A beautiful rendition of an E4!

My only criticism would be that the aerials appear a bit too thick for the scale. Some thinner wire / thread would be better.

But overall it's great work!

Gary

• Like 1

Thanks, Gary! Much appreciated :)

The fishing line I used for the antenna wires is flat with a rectangular cross-section. The maximum width is about 0.3 mm, which corresponds to a real life size of 21,6 mm. That's probably too thick and the RLM66 paint makes it stand out a bit. I'm not sure I would be able to source a thinner thread but I will try to find something thinner.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Thanks, Gary! Much appreciated :)

The fishing line I used for the antenna wires is flat with a rectangular cross-section. The maximum width is about 0.3 mm, which corresponds to a real life size of 21,6 mm. That's probably too thick and the RLM66 paint makes it stand out a bit. I'm not sure I would be able to source a thinner thread but I will try to find something thinner.

Cheers

Jaime

I wouldn't change it now. It's fine as is!

If you want some thinner thread, I think a 0.15 mm thick line is available. I have some very thin 0.004 polyester thread I found in the sewing center of my local

craft store. If you can't find fishing line that thin, check the sewing section for Coats & Clark brand.

Here's a listing for it.

https://www.createforless.com/Coats--and--Clark-Transparent-Polyester-Thread-400yd-Smoke/pid147880.aspx?utm_source=&utm_medium=cse&CA_6C15C=299963485

• Like 1

• 5 months later...