vallejo paint help needed

PhantomMajor

I have gone through all my references and them some but unfortunately there is no direct equivalent. The only paint that indicates modern UK gulf war is Testors/Model Master for acrylic you need 4813 British Gulf Armor Light Stone enamel 2137 British Gulf Armor Light Stone and no company makes a direct equivalent.

If you want use vallejo then I would look at a mix using 70.923/117Japan Uniform WWII with either 70.913/121 Yellow Ochre, 70.856/127 Ochre Brown and keep a bottle of yellow and white on hand.

• 8 months later...

This build is painted with Model Master Acryl "Light Stone". I used Vallejo "Black Gray" for the interrupter pattern. Model Master Acryl thinner completed the mix.

Before weathering.

DSCF5732_zpszlbrpymu.jpg

Completed.

DSCF5752_zpswglcn60g.jpg

DSCF5749_zpsbu1o8wvt.jpg

This one is painted with Vallejo Model Color 70-916 "Yellow Sand". I added a drop each of Pale Sand and White. I thinned the mix with Model Master Acryl thinner and a drop of Vallejo retarder. It sprayed quite well. The interrupter is hand painted Life Color "Dark Green" with a Vallejo "Off White" border.  I live in a extremely hot and dry area in the Southwest US, therefore my use of acrylics differs from most folks. I have had acrylic paint dry in the AB nozzle before painting has even begun. 

Before weathering.

DSCF5652_zpsuihfvubv.jpg

DSCF5655_zpsscgnsduu.jpg

After weathering.

DSCF5673_zpsg4gdvdia.jpg

DSCF5676_zps0zhipvft.jpg

DSCF5682_zpsvh7lain2.jpg

DSCF5684_zps042h29ij.jpg

Hope this helps!

G