MiG-21R chaff/flare dispensers

ReccePhreak

I have started working on Eduard's 1/48 MiG-21R, and had a question about the writeup on version A. It mentions that chaff/flare dispensers could be carried by the MiG-21R, but were not visible in photographs. The only MiG-21 version I have seen with external chaff/flare dispensers is the MiG-21-93. I doubt the Soviets would've scabbed on such dispensers on their MiG-21Rs. Does anybody know how they were carried? I think they are talking about the dispensers in the bottom rear of some of the recce pods, is that the case?

Larry

EDIT: I just went through the entire instructions and saw the dispensers and where they are located. :banghead:

Now to figure out if I want to use the type recce pod they suggest, or try a different one.

Edited by ReccePhreak

You have answered your question. There are two blocks of standard dispensers on the bottom after of the pods. In those days the aircraft it self did not have any dispensers on the airframe.

It is only in Afganistan that a dispenser was added in place of the RATO bottles but I think it was only on bis fighters.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

You have answered your question. There are two blocks of standard dispensers on the bottom after of the pods. In those days the aircraft it self did not have any dispensers on the airframe.

It is only in Afganistan that a dispenser was added in place of the RATO bottles but I think it was only on bis fighters.

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks, you also answered my other unasked question, if I could put RATO bottles on my bird. I guess they won't both fit at the same time? :weep:

Larry