This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Rob P

Xtradecal X72233 - RAF Update 2015 Part 2

Now listed on Hannants future releases. Any other ideas as to what will be included? All that is detailed at the moment is "Chinook ZA712 18 Sqn 100 Years Anniversary".

Fingers crossed for 41 Sqn Typhoon, 208 Sqn Hawk. Worth including ZE700 Statesman (Welshmodels future release).

Whilst 51 Sqn is due for its 100th in May, it's a pity the AMT RV-135 isn't available.

Sorry, but we have had to drop the 18 Sqn Chinook. Even in 1:72 scale the markings are too big to get on a normal size decal sheet and although it could be put on a larger sheet it would make it too expensive which I think would kill sales. The 41 Sqn Typhoon is a good bet but again from a logistic point of view we would never include anything for a vac form kit, the numbers do not add up.

David Hannant

Few tornados that haven't been done, perhaps they could fill out the sheet?

12sqn special, 31sqn special plus the 40th anniversary special, plus theres porably some from the more distant past that have escaped the decal sheets?

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Thanks for the suggestions but I have a feeling judged on sales that a lot of you have had enough of anniversary Tornados, particularly oldish ones that have been missed. 12 Sqn has been mentioned but I think we have done it https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72208. There were also three at RIAT last year but we will not be doing them because they were just static display schemes which were only on one side and never flew.

David Hannant

Bummah. I seem to have a mini-project going to produce a lot of RAF special scheme models, though I admit most are Eurofighters and Hawks, with only a few Tornados. Still, you're the one with the sales figures!

In these times when people are posting that someone who served during WWII has passed away I want to report that today I have had the tremendous pleasure and honour to have been to the 100th Birthday party of Squadron Leader Tony Cooper of Lowestoft. Tony started the war as a flying instructor in Canada but by D-Day he was back in the UK and was a Flight Leader in 64 Squadron and was one of the first to fly over the Normandy Beaches. His RAF career was delightfully related to the gathering by the Officer Commanding the BBMF Squadron Leader Andy 'Milli' Millikin who had driven from Conningsby to Lowestoft with several other members of the BBMF.

Last season one of the BBMF Spitfires Mk Vb BM327 was painted in Tony's 64 Squadron colours coded SH and his service career is detailed in the BBMF's pages and is worth a read. At one time he actually flew AB910 another of the BBMF's Spitfires.

Some years ago we did Xtradecals of Spitifres Tony had flown which are still available.

David Hannant

Looks like release date must be getting closer. Hannants now has the artwork for the instruction sheet loaded. No actual decal art yet, but it can't be long. I'm ready to build an order around this one when it is released. :thumbsup: