1/72 Lynx intake filters/screens

David Womby

Sand filters can be found in one of the Plastyk boxes dedicated to the Lynx, Quality is not great but they are useable. One of my long term plans is to build a Desert Storm Lynx adding the relevant bits from the Plastyk kit on the Airfix one

• Like 1

Sand filters can be found in one of the Plastyk boxes dedicated to the Lynx, Quality is not great but they are useable. One of my long term plans is to build a Desert Storm Lynx adding the relevant bits from the Plastyk kit on the Airfix one

I plan exactly the same approach. I'll look again at the Plastyk one I have. It is labelled Battlefield Lynx AH7 and has the exhaust diffuser boxes that I was going to put onto the Airfix AH1 but I didn't even check the intakes!!!

David.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have had this plan for a long time. I have the stone /sand Op Granby Lynx on a set of Modeldecals I bought years ago and it has long been a hankering of mine to build a 1/72 scale Lynx in this great colour scheme and with the filters. How do I get hold of TOW missile launchers for it as well?

I made the mesh filters from a set of cheap earphones from amazon.They were fake apple ones that I had bought and didn't last long (only a couple of quid).I disassembled them to get to the fine mesh, shaped them to suite and then trimmed them to fit.I then add strips of masking tape to give the image of the metal strips and gently painted them with superglue to keep their shape.they look rather good even if I do say so myself.:-)

Edited by fatalbert
  • Like 1

I made the mesh filters from a set of cheap earphones from amazon.They were fake apple ones that I had bought and didn't last long (only a couple of quid).I disassembled them to get to the fine mesh, shaped them to suite and then trimmed them to fit.I then add strips of masking tape to give the image of the metal strips and gently painted them with superglue to keep their shape.they look rather good even if I do say so myself.:-)

Sounds good. I'll try that.

David

I thought I would try some of the mesh from the paint filters used at some of the places I visit. They have a variety of mesh sizes at about 280/12 micron and so on. It's pliable and paint proof for painting and easy to cut. I'm going to cut to shape, superglue in place then use very thing rolled out length of miliput to put along the edges to represent the mounting bracket

My plastyk lynx AH7 arrived today. The infra red filters over the exhaust look very small compared to photos but will do as a template. Rest of the kit is essentially surplus. The tow launchers are bit skinny. BUT the whle thing cost only 4.50 delivered!