As186 query

Buddyboy12

The generic chinease made AS186 appears to be available badged by a handful of different company's.

My question is this - Are these compressors actually m/f by the same company and then sold off and re branded?

Or

Is the design sold off and made by the company's who's name adorns it? If this is the case has anybody noted a quality difference between manufactures? If so which is best as I am looking at getting one as a starter!

Thanks all

Andy

Chinese compressors are made by a number of companies in China.

Like anything from there quality varies and it sometimes appears to be pot luck weather you get a good or bad one.

I have heard of people using them for a number of years, but have also heard of parts breaking, I was told by one customer that his caught fire.

As far as I know none of them have the certification a company like sparmax has to guarantee quality.

Generally with anything that is engineered you get what you pay for.

If you buy one, firstly check the guarantee, I have seen some marked up with only 3 months!

And if possible check feedback on the product the companies have sold.

Advice if you are starting up is get a decent fully supported airbrush, something like the H&S Ultra 2in1 or sparmax GP-35 will be perfect for 1/72nd as well as 1/24th fighters).

The tool and the important part, the compressor is the power supply, so as long as it chucks out enough pressure for you to paint it is OK to get you started, which the AS186 should.

Paul

Thanks Paul that's a great help!

Never used an airbrush before so my dad has lent me his old Badger 350 and homemade fridge compressor and bottle tank. Been playing around with it for the last week but struggling to get any decent kind of finish, trouble being there is no regulator so the only way I can control the pressure is by backing of the tank relief valve which obviously gives me a varied pressure at the brush as the pressure builds and relieves, hence why I'm looking for the compressor.

Is the badger any good? The airbrushed you suggested certainly look a step up!

Thanks guys.

"You may find you only need a regulator for the compressor."

After Paul's comment about the airbrush being the tool I came to the same conclusion Colin. So I visited our workshops at work and found an old regulator that was kicking around and it's now all rigged up and working a treat! So I'll try and work out this airbrushing lark with what I have while I save for a better brush. The H&S ultra looking the fav at the moment.