Airfix 1/72 new tool Wildcat

eng

First one off the bench for 2016, Airfix new tool Wildcat. I waited for the Starter set as I preferred the colour scheme and markings in this boxing.

A lovely wee kit to put together, the only fiddly bit being the gear on the gear down option, but well thought out by Airfix.

Paints were Tamiya White and dark sea grey (slightly lightened) for the main scheme, and Vallejo and Humbrol for the detail bits n pieces. Decals were straight out the box, there's only about 18 of them. Weathering was with Flory's dark grey wash, acrylic washes and then pastels after the first Matt coat, these were sealed in with another light Matt coat. Only thing I'm not 100% happy with was the canopy framing, some of the paint chipped off when removing the masking, but in 1/72 I ain't going to try and touch this up!

Photo's are off the iPhone so not the best, but hope you like it, it's one slightly (very, very slightly!) closer to clearing my stash!

Rgds,

Eng

image_zpshmvo4zoj.jpeg

image_zps5j8ivpp1.jpeg

image_zps86konsts.jpeg

image_zpsgiwqo3mv.jpeg

• Like 31

Nicely finished model of the old wildcat.

You've managed to capture the aircrafts ruggedness along with it's fragility from the struts and poles of the undercarriage.

Very nice indeed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind feedback folks,

Bit disappointed with the photo's, will need to try and get some good ones if the weather improves.

Eng