De Havilland Tiger Moth (Airfix, 1/72)

alex

Good evening,

well, few weeks ago I finished the Tiger Moth group build, but still didn't got any proper pics. Today, I finally did it. I took the pics in one of the fancy foto cubes, I'm still trying to get used to, but it already helps a lot! Not much to say about the kit, it's a really nice one, almost perfect fitting, excellent decal sheet, and a pure pleasure to build! I think I forgot the washing, maybe I should add some dark shadows in the engine cowling where there are supposed to be some holes :oops:. Paint was Modelmaster Enamels (RAF Trainer yellow, dark earth and dark green). Rigging is stretched sprue, painted with edding.

Hope you like the result!

1-vornelinks_zps2sjyarjx.jpg

2-hintenlinks_zpsuhemusve.jpg

3-hintenrechts_zpsrxpe5xay.jpg

4-hintenrechts2_zpshfhi5mfi.jpg

5-rechts_zpsfagqtvev.jpg

6-frontal_zpsn2zgxgtz.jpg

7-unten_zpsatpc1lze.jpg

Thanks for attention, and for hosting the GB!

Alex

• Like 32

Very nice indeed and as somebody who has been fighting with one of these for the past three months with snapped struts and awful rigging to deal with,..... I`m very envious of you!

Cheers

Tony

That's a really lovely Tiger Moth you have put together, Alex.

I have the civil version of this Airfix kit waiting to be built so pleased to hear it goes together well.

Regards

Dave

Very nicely done - I have this same kit in the stash and it's good to know that she builds up so well. I second the comment on the fabric effect, that looks just right to my eyes.

Cheers,

Bill

Very nice indeed, and the colours looks spot on. I'm an Xtracolor man, but I have my doubts about their Dark Earth. Your rigging looks good too.I have one of these Tigers at the top of my (small) stash - occasionally I get the fuselage bits out, put them on the bottom wing, start thinking about the rigging, then it all goes back in the box....

Justin