Mosquito Hunter...1/48 Messerschmitt Me262B-1a/U1 Nightfighter - NEW PICS ADDED

#1/2016

New year, new production line and finally my dad´s first finished model.
The new Hobby Boss kit with Aeromaster decals, stencils partly from the sparesbox, brake line on front leg and seat belts added, painted with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics.

Aircraft of Kommando Welter later designated 10./NJG11 towards the end of war. Only a handful two-seat nightfighters were used in battle more or less successful mostly against Mosquito NFs and British 4-Mots.
"Red 8" was captured by British troops and later found its way to South Africa were it is now displayed in a museum.

DSC_0004_zps2ye7jsr7.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsso1jbm42.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsbre30wva.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsn0yathmj.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsrc4cerb3.jpg

DSC_0009_zpswoj2ajof.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsketdbepd.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsrpnehguj.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsdeoybwjp.jpg

DSC_0013_zps31uija4o.jpg

DSC_0014_zpshwmizl67.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsybu3li9o.jpg

DSC_0016_zpsfq4ekmbt.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsssl0d76r.jpg

DSC_0018_zpswekikec8.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsaoz8twpd.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsbrnzrkf4.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsvb17cp2x.jpg

the aerodynamic testbed with the real deal

DSC_0003_zps30gpfcue.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsiaqctdrv.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsfb57ly0l.jpg

• Like 42

Very well done, I particularly like the way you have done the mottling on the fuselage.

• Like 1

I've just come back to this and must tell you that as a direct result of seeing these two, I've just ordered the two-seater.

Now, does that mean because you made me do it, you owe me the money?! ;)

• Like 1

I've just come back to this and must tell you that as a direct result of seeing these two, I've just ordered the two-seater.

Now, does that mean because you made me do it, you owe me the money?! ;)

I wash my hands in innocence..... :whistle:

These Hobby Boss Me 262 kits look like they are a good build, very nicely done.

Duncan B

In our opinion the Hobby Boss 262s are more or less equal to Tamiya but cheaper :-)

• Like 1

Yet again a beautiful model with an interesting camouflage scheme. Flawless execution and inspiring to look at - well done. I like the quirky nmf tank next to the black one. I love the photo with the testbed.

Jay

• Like 1

I like the quirky nmf tank next to the black one.

Jay

The different coloured tanks can also be seen on the original a/c short after capturing, the museum version has two black tanks nowadays.

Often hard to distinct between nmf and light grey on b/w pics, it´s possible that the tank was painted in RLM76 or something similiar but it seems more like metal on the pics.

Hello,Reini78 - My compliments to your Dad on a pair of fine looking builds of these 'Me262's. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the clean patina.They make two splendid tributes to the type.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Very excellent as always! Red 8 is also my favorite! So you say this is a good kit? I will order one! Are the anntenna's out of box?

All the best and best regards to your father!

Andy

• Like 1

Very excellent as always! Red 8 is also my favorite! So you say this is a good kit? I will order one! Are the anntenna's out of box?

Yes, the Hobby Boss 262s are as good as the Tamiya kits, they also seem more or less like a copy :-). No 262 expert, but one thing they got wrong are the flare chute openings on the rear side fuselage, they are only on the left side but on the HB kits they are on both sides, so you have to do some filling, but besides that, the HB kits are very good.

The antennas are from the box, a bit thick but if you don´t like PE or other metal parts like my father, this is the way to go :-)

• Like 1