Where to find Victorian era Royal Navy models

Hi guys I have been looking online for some time trying to find any model Victorian era ships of the Royal navy. They seem to be pretty elusive! Can anyone point me in the direction of any producers or websites where I might have some luck? Im not too worried on the scale, be it 1/700 or 1/350.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Yeah Combrig is one of the makes I have found searching online but from what I've seen them seem to have a lot coming, but not much released? Has anyone UK based ever bought or made anyt of their kits?

They have hundreds of kits in their catalogue, the vast majority are available but there are no importers in the UK. I will be getting a number of kits in to kick off the stock but obviously won't be able to stock everything.

The kits are very high quality resin, very finely cast although most don't include photoetch.

I have built, and have in the stash, quite a number of them.

Mike

Yeah Combrig is one of the makes I have found searching online but from what I've seen them seem to have a lot coming, but not much released? Has anyone UK based ever bought or made anyt of their kits?

I started a Combrig HMS Renown - Not the big gun one but the Yacht. Although not completed this is the thread from the Non - Injection GB

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234982491-hms-renownno-not-that-one-the-gin-palace/

It should give you an idea of the quality of the kit. The parts are very well cast but the instructions are VERY vague, and you'll need quite a bit of reference. I did enjoy the build up to where I am (rigging). The etch is all my own and not from the kit, this is the only downside with Combrig, although some of the later ones include etch. I think this is technically a Victorian era ship :winkgrin:

Cheers now

Bob

wey hey, 2 points, thanks Mike :)

BTW have you any plans to introduce 1/200th accessories to your range at Starling? Mk1 Design, Pontos, etc

I'm not sure yet, I will see how it goes with smaller scales first, early days. I know that Sovereign Hobbies are carrying Pontos though. If not luck there and you want something in particular, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Mike

I started a Combrig HMS Renown - Not the big gun one but the Yacht. Although not completed this is the thread from the Non - Injection GB

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234982491-hms-renownno-not-that-one-the-gin-palace/

It should give you an idea of the quality of the kit. The parts are very well cast but the instructions are VERY vague, and you'll need quite a bit of reference. I did enjoy the build up to where I am (rigging). The etch is all my own and not from the kit, this is the only downside with Combrig, although some of the later ones include etch. I think this is technically a Victorian era ship :winkgrin:

Cheers now

Bob

Hi Bob, I had a look at your WIP post, great work!! Can I ask where it is you got the kit from? I think she may be perfect for what I have in mind!! Will need to get some etch for the railings though!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...