1/72 - Handley Page Hastings C.1/C.2 resin kit by S&M Model - released

Homebee

S&M new resin kit - ref. SMK72-35 -  Handley Page Hastings C.1/C.2 

Sources:

http://sandmmodels.co.uk/product/hp-hastings-c1c2/

http://sandmmodels.co.uk/misc-news/hot-news/

Hastings-box-label.jpg

Here are the first images of the 1/72 scale Handley Page Hastings C1/C2 Kit Masters. The model is now in casting and will include cast clear resin transparencies and white metal undercarriage. The kit should be available at Southern Expo but you can wait list on the site.

imageproxy.jpg

2.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

I do so very much want one of these but my other half will do her nut if I pay £99 for a kit so I will very reluctantly have to try my best to resist! Oh Bum!

Tony

Well come Hell or high water I'm getting one and speaking personally having paid almost twice as much for several Eastern European kits recently the price seems pretty reasonable. The Hastings is just such a great looking aircraft and I have very fond memories of watching them trundle overhead on their way into Radlett as a nipper....

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Dear !……Another one I will need to add to my list. Given that I have 'vowed' to model as many aircraft as possible with which I have had a connection with in the past, the Hastings will have to join the stash in due course. I can vaguely remember being medevaced as a 'scaley brat' from El Adem (Libya) to Akrotiri in one of these in 1966. It was not a journey I would care to have repeated although this may have had something to do with my then medical condition but I do recall the characteristic smell of aircraft of that era (which seemed to disappear after the Canberra era) and the rather spartan WWII-era appearance of the interior. Thankfully, my return trip to Libya was in a shiny new British United Airways BAC1-11 that had been chartered by the MOD for the regular NEAF trooping flight between the two locations - those were the days !.

Thanks Homebee. I misread the website and substituted alternative tail plane parts for multiple decal options....

Still, it does mention some of the users of the Hastings in the description, which has gotten me thinking about a Coastal Command aircraft.

Edge

Source: http://sandmmodels.co.uk/misc-news/more-hp-hastings-news/

5th Feburary 2016

S&M Models are pleased to release the assembly drawing for our forthcoming 1/72 scale HP Hastings kit. As you can see optional parts are included for the C1 and C2 versions of the aircraft. Decal options will be announced shortly. We hope the kit will be available at Southern Expo but to ensure early delivery please wait list on the S&M Models web site.

JPeg-hastings.jpg

V.P.

• Like 5

I'm thinking that the spare tailplanes would be rather handy for the Formaplane one in me stash.

I seriously doubt the Formaplane one is strong enough to handle the resin tailfeathers. One reason mine has never progressed beyond cutting out is the sheer flimsiness of the plastic.

• 1 month later...