Sticky question about Montex mask

Michael51

Having applied a Montex mask to an AZ Model Bf 109G-14 this afternoon, I notice that the thing is curling up and off the canopy.

The work area is cool and dry.

Any suggestions from the forum as to how to address this problem would be appreciated,

Michael

I used Montex once and had a problem where they never stuck down properly and when removed left a sticky residue in places. Never used them since. However, this may have been just a dodgy set of masks.

• 6 years later...
On 1/15/2016 at 6:00 PM, Michael51 said:

Having applied a Montex mask to an AZ Model Bf 109G-14 this afternoon, I notice that the thing is curling up and off the canopy.

The work area is cool and dry.

Any suggestions from the forum as to how to address this problem would be appreciated,

Michael

This post remains as relevant as ever..........I've just used a Montex mask on a 1/72 Mosquito canopy and have the same issue, specifically on the compound curves.  Worse, it occurred between coats.

I thought it might have something to do with a very humid week here in Melbourne, but after checking this post I believe it's a wider issue.  Having used this brand previously and had some residue issues, I think I'm going to have to 'stick' with Eduard from here.

It's great to be able to check simple issues on this forum.  🥰

• Like 2