markjames68

I have the zm fw152 h, its has lovely details as a kit but never liked the high aspct ratio wings, in prototyping, did the fuselage of the152 h ever get mated to a standard span wing?

Would be happy to tweek span etc to short version, even if not exactly correct just to improve proportions in my eyes but only if it did have short wing....

Thanks in advance

Yes sorry, the Ta 152 h, is the fuselage identical to the c with the short span?

ALMOST identical (same length, cockpit, wing position) except for the engine - Ta 152C had DB 603 with port-side s/charger intake, while Ta 152H had Jumo 213 with s/charger intake on the starboard fuselage side. Exhaust stacks also differ due to that.

Not really responsive to your conversion question, but for what it's worth perhaps the standard Fw 190D long-nose variants would be more to your taste?

Hasegawa makes an excellent Fw 190D in 1/32, and Zoukei-Mura themselves is starting on a "family" of 1/32 Fw 190's this year, that will supposedly eventually include the D.

The H to C conversion is possible, but not easy with both wing and engine installation being substantially different. Personally I always rather liked the Ta 152H's "sailplane from Hades" persona, but then again I can see how one might not!

There is an option for what you are asking, the Ta152E. That had the short wing of the Ta152C with the JuMo engine of the Ta152H. It was a reconnaissance aircraft, and had a camera fit in the rear fuselage most likely very much like the one used on recon Fw190, but details are hazy to say the least. A very small number were made right at the very end of the war, some that were found appear to have standard Fw190 wheels and tires rather than Ta152 mainwheels.

If one wanted to build a 152E, best option is to buy the Dragon 152C kit, as that includes all the parts to build the nose for the JuMo engine of the H, with the short wing of the C. All that would be missing would be the camera installation and (perhaps) Fw190 mainwheels.

Edited by LanceB

Not really responsive to your conversion question, but for what it's worth perhaps the standard Fw 190D long-nose variants would be more to your taste?

Hasegawa makes an excellent Fw 190D in 1/32, and Zoukei-Mura themselves is starting on a "family" of 1/32 Fw 190's this year, that will supposedly eventually include the D.

The H to C conversion is possible, but not easy with both wing and engine installation being substantially different. Personally I always rather liked the Ta 152H's "sailplane from Hades" persona, but then again I can see how one might not!

Ideally thats would be the case, i ended up with the zm one as part of a trade as i liked the kit and detail and complexity, the long span puts me off though, i think it spoils the brutal lines and makes it look far too graceful!

There is an option for what you are asking, the Ta152E. That had the short wing of the Ta152C with the JuMo engine of the Ta152H. It was a reconnaissance aircraft, and had a camera fit in the rear fuselage most likely very much like the one used on recon Fw190, but details are hazy to say the least. A very small number were made right at the very end of the war, some that were found appear to have standard Fw190 wheels and tires rather than Ta152 mainwheels.

If one wanted to build a 152E, best option is to buy the Dragon 152C kit, as that includes all the parts to build the nose for the JuMo engine of the H, with the short wing of the C. All that would be missing would be the camera installation and (perhaps) Fw190 mainwheels.

This sounds interesting, ill do a bit of research, thanks chaps