Citroen Type H Fourgon

Admiral Puff

A little bit off topic, With the sad demise of Mini Loisiers in St Brieuc, do you know of any other dedicated model shops in Dept 22 Antoine ? .The rather limited range of kits and paints in Joueclub at Langueux does depress me a little bit.

No, sorry...

No, sorry...

Never mind, keeps my wallet in the pocket,thanks anyway. Rennes peut-etre ?

I think with the interest that has been shown so far in this kit, it could well have the makings of a group build. There are certainly enough variants of th etype to suit anyones taste even with just as set of decals...

Colin

I think with the interest that has been shown so far in this kit, it could well have the makings of a group build. There are certainly enough variants of th etype to suit anyones taste even with just as set of decals...

Colin

While building mine last night got me thinking of just what paint job you could do. Considering that it seems to have been the French hippy travelers van of choice back in the 70s the skys the limit,. i might now go for a bit of psychedelia with mine :wow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for assistance identifying the assorted stickers on the rear of this US based H Type. It belongs[ed] to Moto Cafe Bar in Brooklyn, New York. All the photos I have found are too low res to allow a close enough view to clearly make out the wording and I'm hoping our American viewers may be able to shed some light on them? Thanks in advance for any help.

145327.jpg

Not too sure, there might be some games shop that sells paint or tool, but no more.

Never mind, at least Joueclub has replenished their stocks of Tamiya paint.

Looking for assistance identifying the assorted stickers on the rear of this US based H Type. It belongs[ed] to Moto Cafe Bar in Brooklyn, New York. All the photos I have found are too low res to allow a close enough view to clearly make out the wording and I'm hoping our American viewers may be able to shed some light on them? Thanks in advance for any help.

145327.jpg

Don't all rush at once! I have since found an ideal image and have been able to identify all the badges.

• 2 weeks later...

Apropos nothing in particular - I thought that I might grab another one, just in case Heller ends up being deep-sixed, but on going to their site the Fourgon kit is no longer listed. Looks like it's sold out, and who can tell whether it will ever come back. There are some still listed on EvilBay, though.

Hopefully the Tamiya/Ebbro kit will still be launched this year. I tried the continental kit shops as my brother was after one, spotmodel.com had a few at the time of looking a couple of weeks ago it was £25.32.

• 3 years later...
On 1/14/2016 at 3:38 AM, Admiral Puff said:

I've just picked up the new Heller 1:24 kit, and want to do this with it:

type%20h%20porte%20voiture_zpsobhi0zrm.j

I found the image through Google. The conversion process doesn't trouble me, but I'd like to get some idea of how the rest of the vehicle looks, e.g. where the spare tyre was located, how the tray was set up, etc. Google has pictures of other similar trucks, including some of 1:43 models, but there doesn't seem to be any other pictures of this vehicle available. Anyone got any ideas as to where I might go looking?

Did you ever finish this ?

Found this picture pop up on a model truck forum, am going to give it a try (minus the DS9 to expensive) 

• Like 1

I haven't started it yet- that's the only picture I've been able to find. I need to know what goes on on the other side. If you have anything I'd be grateful for some detail...

5 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

I haven't started it yet- that's the only picture I've been able to find. I need to know what goes on on the other side. If you have anything I'd be grateful for some detail...

Unfortunately I am in the same boat,

Cant find any other pictures looks like this was a custom build.

Lot of questions needed answered, where is the fuel tank, whats on the bed , think its going to be a  bit of modelers discretion!

There were other car transporter variants, of which this appears to have been the most popular;

2.jpg

This picture is on a Dutch forum concerning the 2CV. Might be an easier conversion...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bhouse said:

There were other car transporter variants, of which this spears to have been the most popular;

2.jpg

This picture is on a Dutch forum concerning the 2CV. Might be an easier conversion...

Not sure what i prefer,  must be a horrible one to drive all that weight sitting so high up! 

Altho i was putting a 2cv on the back so might work out better.

8 hours ago, bhouse said:

There were other car transporter variants, of which this appears to have been the most popular;

Not sure this would be easier as the front wheels/axles and motor look to have been shunted backwards to allow for the lowering of the cab section. Definitely not a standard LWB 'Tube' more a custom job. There were images of a 1:43 version of the covered transporter on the internet a while ago but they appear to have disappeared, if I downloaded them I will have a look in my files as there were other views which may shed light on the bed from the back.

Here is another version http://www.sixmania.fr/bruno-deltombe/  several views of this type online. The H van is definitely open to other variants.

spacer.png

Update: Can't locate the photos of the 1:43 model

If anyone has time on their hands you could search this reference file http://citroenhy.free.fr/liens-type-h.php

Edited by mbdesignart
more info
  • Thanks 1

I've been skinning cats this p.m. and came up with these. The spare wheel, I would guess, is in the locker to the r/h side. I think the upper images are a card model, but this should be enough to go off for a realistic build.

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mbdesignart said:

I've been skinning cats this p.m. and came up with these. The spare wheel, I would guess, is in the locker to the r/h side. I think the upper images are a card model, but this should be enough to go off for a realistic build.

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

Thats brilliant mate, answers a lot of questions,  esp bottom 2. Many thanks for your hard work