Morane Saulnier Type N, Revell 1:72, modified.

Well here she is folks, a fun, if challenging, build!

Representing a machine flown by Jean Navarre of Escadrille MS12, Muizon, France, October 1915

To sum it up:

Fuselage shortened by 11.5mm, turtledeck lowered by 2mm, rear fuselage widened by 5mm, entire fuselage reskinned, 2.5mm removed from wing trailing edges, 2mm added to wing roots, wings raised by 1mm. All struts, tail surfaces, and landing gear scratch built. Aeroclub wheels and MG, prop and spinner modified from spares box items.

Close, Revell, so close! :oops:

35097725234_3b894beb4b_c.jpg

]35805545661_8e898d24d0_c.jpg

35805551181_71db83e6d2_c.jpg

35549366020_7bdcf89887_c.jpg

35805573341_59d2976c73_c.jpg

35805573101_b5ec3042a7_c.jpg

Thanks for following along!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 19

That's a beautiful job. Really classy!

Love the clean rigging, nicely done!

These things look so flimsy it must have taken sheer courage just to climb in one, never mind fly it!

They were probably flimsier than your model.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I certainly didn't realise just how bad the kit was until I got started, but to me that's half the fun....I really should get onto finishing the Muromets.....

Ian

Bristol Boy - I mount the wheel on a cocktail stick and turn the stick between my fingers - instead of trying to move the brush around the wheel, hold the brush still and rotate the wheel! I occasionally still get a little overlap in places, especially on white metal wheels which don't have good demarcation, but using the same technique to touch up the hub cover if needed finishes it off nicely.

Ian

Edited by limeypilot