1/32 - Dassault Mirage 2000 C/B/D & N by Kitty Hawk - M2000C & M2000D/N released - M-2000-5 resin sets by KASL, Grandmodels & FFSMC

Homebee

6 hours ago, robertlundin said:

Enlighten us ...

The nose is removable to access the radar. For KH the split is at the base of the radome while in reality the split is right at the front of the IFR probe base.

Edited by Laurent
  • Like 1

Yes,

The part behind the radar antenna and in front of the windshield (a ring around the radar components) also belongs to the nose . When you remove it, it is impossible to see only the antenna like here. It cannot be removed in this way.

Edited by eclipse

On 1/13/2016 at 3:37 AM, colin ritchie said:

If true, then excellent news indeed... can we also have a Rafale please.. pretty please!

A gorgeous model for Rafale exists in 1/48 made by Revell. However, I wont mind one in 1/32 :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 3:20 PM, eclipse said:

Yes,

The part behind the radar antenna and in front of the windshield (a ring around the radar components) also belongs to the nose . When you remove it, it is impossible to see only the antenna like here. It cannot be removed in this way.

Is it possible they only intended the antenna to be visible? Then it would make sense to design the kit like that albeit not quite right?

Not having seen the kit ,I don't know if the whole radar assembly is included.

Allan

25 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

Is it possible they only intended the antenna to be visible? Then it would make sense to design the kit like that albeit not quite right?

Not having seen the kit ,I don't know if the whole radar assembly is included.

I don't know, I didn't see the kit either.

But why to do so if it is not posssible on the real aircraft ?
Why would they propose such configuration, unless they want to add useless additional pieces et complicate the assembly ? 🤨

On 8 October 2019 at 8:14 AM, eclipse said:

Still nothing ?

No longer any communication ? 🤔

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hum, according to some resellers, it is now not expected until early 2020...

What happened ? 🤐

I usually watch dawngrocerystore on eBay. They are often one of the first to stock new Kitty Hawk kits. 

Got my 1/48 Voodoos from them and they had them long before any kind of unofficial release in the West. Ditto the 1/32 F-5s.

It's a Chinese retailer and they're very good.

Tony 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

I don't know, I didn't see the kit either.

But why to do so if it is not posssible on the real aircraft ?
Why would they propose such configuration, unless they want to add useless additional pieces et complicate the assembly ? 🤨

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. If they only provide an option to display the antenna then the option of the removeable nose as shown is logical if possibly incorrect. I would not personally see it as a major issue because I would be fixing the nose in place anyway but, I accept the kit feature might annoy others

Allan

In fact, I don't care, but it is questioning the serious of the research made by KH, even more if mistakes on the decals announced are considered...

Scan a Mirage 2000B is not enough...

And this nose cone issue is not "possibly incorrect", it is incorrect : the nose cone is in one part! You'll never find such radar configuration when the Mirage 2000's cone is removed or the cone in two parts.

10 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Is that the actual model in the ebay link?Just with a black wash (badly) applied over it?

Jeff

If so and all, , than that would be a very strange loadout...

also interesting the anti-static?/ di-electric strakes on the radar nose cone... for a C model with pitot....

lets wait and see some definite box contents ;)

overall looks quite like a M2000 :) so fingers crossed!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

FFSMC decals for 1/32nd M2000C & 5F

- ref P_32-051 - Mirage 2000C & 5F

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FFSMC-Productions-Decals-1-32-Mirage-2000C-et-5F-Francais-ref-P-32-051/303330446484

s-l1600-1.png

- ref. P_32-052 - Mirage 2000C & 5F

Source: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FFSMC-Productions-Decals-1-32-Mirage-2000C-et-5F-Francais-ref-P-32-052/293289949818

s-l1600.png

- ref. P_32-015 - Foreign Mirage 2000 Inde, Egypte, Taiwan, Qatar

Source: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FFSMC-Productions-Decals-1-32-Foreign-Mirage-2000-Inde-Egypte-Taiwan-Qatar/303132445183

s-l1600.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...