1/32 - Dassault Mirage 2000 C/B/D & N by Kitty Hawk - M2000C & M2000D/N released - M-2000-5 resin sets by KASL, Grandmodels & FFSMC

Homebee

Can't wait to get mine, but hobbyeasy suspend the shipping because the Covid virus. Anyway I'm just planning to make the ASMP-A missile for the N version,

asmp-01.jpg
asmp-02.jpg

and if you want to print this, just download the STL file and the OBJ is also included.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/26260a87e7c5375b85487876d7b9e2b020200406133733/1d97cc8c4d6cbf76b8774fba02c98fe120200406133849/ee351a, enjoy.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2020 at 23:49, salomon said:

Can't wait to get mine, but hobbyeasy suspend the shipping because the Covid virus. Anyway I'm just planning to make the ASMP-A missile for the N version,

and if you want to print this, just download the STL file and the OBJ is also included.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/26260a87e7c5375b85487876d7b9e2b020200406133733/1d97cc8c4d6cbf76b8774fba02c98fe120200406133849/ee351a, enjoy.

Hi, nice!

What makes this an -A version?

Shouldn' t it have a 3rd pair of fin as in the photo above?

Any issues in downscaling to 48 to be expected?

Thanks!

one thing i have to say and i will try to stay on line ! i have this kit ! the mirage 2000D ! what a mess of kit from the first impression ! well missing decals ! wrong Ip ! very hard to follow the instruction ! i'm sure with a bit of effort can be done ! at least forget the decals the devils for example must have an Indian chief on the other side nor another devil and so the tiger not another tiger but a map of Europe ! the IP seems to be the big problema unless willing to scratch it  so no D or N version can be build out of the box ! !i bought it and i'm so sorry to have done it ! kittyhawk seems don't care at all ! and i have the feeling they have no intention to get better in their development ! i'm scared about their new product su 27 and mig 25 !!! save those money and hope on day somebody will do justice to a magnificent fighter such a mirage in 32 ! don't buy it ! i take full responsibility of this post ! thanks for reading (eventually anybody will be interested to do it) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, asgardiano said:

one thing i have to say and i will try to stay on line ! i have this kit ! the mirage 2000D ! what a mess of kit from the first impression ! well missing decals ! wrong Ip ! very hard to follow the instruction ! i'm sure with a bit of effort can be done ! at least forget the decals the devils for example must have an Indian chief on the other side nor another devil and so the tiger not another tiger but a map of Europe ! the IP seems to be the big problema unless willing to scratch it  so no D or N version can be build out of the box ! !i bought it and i'm so sorry to have done it ! kittyhawk seems don't care at all ! and i have the feeling they have no intention to get better in their development ! i'm scared about their new product su 27 and mig 25 !!! save those money and hope on day somebody will do justice to a magnificent fighter such a mirage in 32 ! don't buy it ! i take full responsibility of this post ! thanks for reading (eventually anybody will be interested to do it) 

Sorry but what do you mean by IP please?

I have the 2000C version and am very happy with it. Granted, the decals are a bit of a mess and there's no 2000-5 instrument panel in the kit, but for me those are minor issues (which will hopefully eventually be resolved by aftermarket producers).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hopkp said:

I have the 2000C version and am very happy with it. Granted, the decals are a bit of a mess and there's no 2000-5 instrument panel in the kit, but for me those are minor issues (which will hopefully eventually be resolved by aftermarket producers).

hopkp that's fine and i understand ! but i find not right to charge for a high price and make this  silly mistake ! well they are leazy ! and again and again made the same mistake !

On 4/4/2020 at 6:48 PM, guillaume320 said:

The radome on that one is a bit off. They correctly engraved the radome line further back than it is on the N, but the N/D radome is less bulbous in real life. So the B kit radome looks too skinny, especially when put next to the C kit.

I don't know about the kits, but IRL, nose cones of every version of Mirage 2000 have the same geometry, the same shape. C and B cone are perfectly the same and easily superseded one by another and it happened sometimes...

The only difference with N/D cones are the add of a frame ("frame 0") in front of the usual frame (frame 1) where the C/B cone is attached, due to the forward position of the radar Antilope V, smaller and lighter than RDM/RDI, in order to restore the equilibrium of the plane.

In fact, without the probe in front of the cone of B and N versions, B, N and D versions have the exact same lenght...

• Like 1

Hum... Does anyone see the decals of loads stencils ? 😟 Or a decal sheet would be missing ?

Yet, according to Michael Benolkin on his Cybermodeler's review:

As you can see in the decal image [pasted below], There is a nice set of airframe and weapons stencils provided

kh_32022_decals.jpg

23 hours ago, eclipse said:

I don't know about the kits, but IRL, nose cones of every version of Mirage 2000 have the same geometry, the same shape. C and B cone are perfectly the same and easily superseded one by another and it happened sometimes...

The only difference with N/D cones are the add of a frame ("frame 0") in front of the usual frame (frame 1) where the C/B cone is attached, due to the forward position of the radar Antilope V, smaller and lighter than RDM/RDI, in order to restore the equilibrium of the plane.

In fact, without the probe in front of the cone of B and N versions, B, N and D versions have the exact same lenght...

You may very well be right, but the Heller single and two seaters have a different geometry. Somehow the N nose looks good, so does the C, but the B looks wrong to me.... 🤔

2 minutes ago, guillaume320 said:

the Heller single and two seaters have a different geometry

I think it's a mistake... 🤔

Here is an Indian TH two-seater KT201 with the cone borrowed to one of only two H single-seater having worn this sand and green scheme, both carrying RDM radar:

KT201+433113996.jpg

kf104+Mir+2000H+n-KF104,+India+AF+1993.j

7 minutes ago, guillaume320 said:

Somehow the N nose looks good, so does the C, but the B looks wrong to me....

I don't have the both kits in front of me... I can't tell ! 😕

• Like 1

the tiger should be only one on the right side there is a map of europe ! the devil as well is only one the other side has an big indian chief ! missing correct instrument panel for the D version ! for what they charge i don't think is correct 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 8:19 AM, eclipse said:

Hum... Does anyone see the decals of loads stencils ? 😟 Or a decal sheet would be missing ?

Yet, according to Michael Benolkin on his Cybermodeler's review:

kh_32022_decals.jpg

where are the weapon stencils provide ?????????

18 hours ago, asgardiano said:

where are the weapon stencils provide ?????????

A hypothesis. The cost of a decal sheet depends on the number of colours and on its size. KH wanted to have the same decal cost per box for the single-seater and double-seater boxings. Since KH put a sheet for the stalk, devil and tiger decals in the twin-seater boxing, they didn't have the budget to put the weapons stencils. It's a cheap idea from the customer point-of-view but it makes some sense from the producer point-of-view.

4 hours ago, Richard123 said:

Am I right in thinking then that the kit is basically sound apart from the decals, which I probably wouldn't use anyway, and the instrument panels?

From what I've read here and elsewhere, that's my understanding anyway. None of the issues identified anywhere are deal-breakers for me.....I've already bought the single-seater and will be getting this one too. Hopefully someone will oblige with a couple of appropriate aftermarket decal sheets.

Edited by hopkp

16 minutes ago, hopkp said:

From what I've read here and elsewhere, that's my understanding anyway. None of the issues identified anywhere are deal-breakers for me.....I've already bought the single-seater and will be getting this one too. Hopefully someone will oblige with a couple of appropriate aftermarket decal sheets.

My thoughts too. Hopefully someone will do the instrument panels too but I'm not too bothered, it looks a fantastic kit to me bar the silly mistakes.

• 4 weeks later...

15 hours ago, Homebee said:

Nice!

Do I understand correctly that the resin set need to be

pre-orded and will also be available in 48th?

Those 1700 l tanks are needef for all export Mirage 2000 exept Brasil an Quatar who got used French 2000 l tanks!

Wonder why by the way!