Hasegawa 1/48 J35Ö Draken

Jens

The Hasegawa Drakens are beautiful and easy to build kits. Despite that it has taken me about six years to finish the first one - this, the Austrian J35Ö Draken.

Apart from a Quickboost resin ejection seat the kit is built OOB. As usual I used Xtracolor sprayed freehand for the main colour scheme.

I just wish there were more Draken colour schemes to choose from. :)

DrakenJ35OE_6376.jpg

DrakenJ35OE_6377.jpg

DrakenJ35OE_6378.jpg

DrakenJ35OE_6379.jpg

DrakenJ35OE_6380.jpg

Jens

• Like 37

very very very nice!

maybe I am prejudiced a bit....

to make it perfect, you could ad the small pitot tube on the tail and add mountain goat squadron markings that are included with the Hasegawa decals!

and maybe a Sidewinder missile launch rail.... but that is already too much to ask for!

again no critics, just suggestions!

:thumbsup:

cheers,

Werner

• Like 1

Hello,Jens - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Draken'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the restrained weathering.I wouldn't mind a go at building this subject myself.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the comments. I'm glad you like my Draken. :)

very very very nice!

maybe I am prejudiced a bit....

to make it perfect, you could ad the small pitot tube on the tail and add mountain goat squadron markings that are included with the Hasegawa decals!

and maybe a Sidewinder missile launch rail.... but that is already too much to ask for!

again no critics, just suggestions!

:thumbsup:

cheers,

Werner

Thanks Werner. You're right, the small pitot is missing. I will correct that. I will have to look for the decal though, and I am not sure I will apply it as the model has already had its final clear coat. As for the Sidewinder launcher, is it correct that it was attached directly to the pylon?

Rest assured I take all critique and suggestions positively. :)

Great result Jens. Make wanna build one too.

Decals are included in the kit? And if so, wich boxing is it?

Erik

Thanks Erik. It's the Austrian Special kit.

Put the other toys down and finish F-5's :evil_laugh:

very lovely but why isnt she Danish?

Thanks Gary. Don't worry, I have more F-5s getting ready for paint. ;)

I am going to build some Danish Drakens later. It would be wrong of me not to do so. They will be of the various versions and modification statuses.

Jens

That is a gorgeous result, Jens! I'm also one of those that have one waiting to be started, seeing yours is great inspiration to start mine once the shelf of doom is clear!

• Like 1

Mark, get on with it

Jens, I would love to but I have promised that I will stick to my New Year's Resolution of finishing the ongoing builds before starting a new one!! ;)

Werner, the fin tip pitot has now been added. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Mark, I am in fact trying to do the same as you. I have nearly 60 almost finished kits so there plenty to choose from. :)

Jens

• Like 1

Mark, I am in fact trying to do the same as you. I have nearly 60 almost finished kits so there plenty to choose from. :)

Jens

As I have only 29 in my Three Boxes of Doom I feel a lot better knowing that Jens. Thank You :coolio:

That's a beautiful build and very nicely finished, a great tribute to a beautiful aircraft. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

A brilliant build of an iconic aircraft (this may be a surprising statement from me... ;)) Love the finish, this is truly inspiring. And I am of course looking forward to your Danish Drakens as well.

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 1