Airfix 1/76 Matilda - 1942 El Alamein paintjob! ++FINISHED++

Okey cokey, quick update - caunter colours done (slight deviation of pattern - casualty of war :-) ) - hand brushed as could not find a way to mask straight lines over all that wobbly stuff - will be ok once weathered and stuff I reckon!!

Blooming Nora, all that bravado about airbrushing with his feet, I turn my back for a moment and you sneak out the old hairy stick !

Lovely job mate, I look forward to learning about weathering etc, so no pressure eh

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Weathering all done Pat - pics in a day or two once I get my big camera and setup out - going to do small base as well - then tiny details - job done, ready for new GB!

Weathering fairly easy - blasted very thinned sand yellow first from about 8" over model, let dry, then repeated with Lifecolor Dust 2 - not sure if overdone it - will let you guys be the judges! Finished off with polycromo pencils for streaking and chips - then blurred with cotton buds - just need to buy some spray varnish - don't trust doing it through the airbrush!

pics soon :-)

This link got me onto them Sarge - http://www.finescale.com/~/media/files/pdf/how-to/2012-update/fsm_mar2009_42-46.pdf

It's about weathering planes - but partway in it describes using prismacolor pencils (different brand to the ones I use - more brittle lead) - excellent results with them - so I bought some :-)

We shall see how they work out haha!!

A new one on me too! :popcorn:

Cliff

• Like 1

Ok, quick dirty, poor camera phone shot for now -looks better than the pic - working on a base too - will take better shots with setup when it's all done - for now, cringe at my rubbish phone pic.... :-)

tw1_zpsjzcreau1.jpg

• Like 8

Aaaaaaannnddd......done!

All finished, including a desert type base - not too bad an effort considering....pics up in gallery and RFI in 5-10 mins- thanks for all the support guys and gals! :-)

• Like 1

Ah, thanks Pat - noooo, time now for a wingythingy -Corsair party time.....or as I have just discovered; brittle plastic hell!! :-)

Thanks Sarge - quite proud of it to be honest, looks better than the pics - tried to take the shots before camera battery died!

I do like my AFVs Sarge, but I also like giant Japanese metal robots....and helicopters - wingythings are ok every now and again :-)

I am looking forward to doing an AFV for build later in the year (or maybe a ship, who knows), and as for the vignette - too many ideas!!!!

Thanks Sarge - quite proud of it to be honest, looks better than the pics - tried to take the shots before camera battery died!

I do like my AFVs Sarge, but I also like giant Japanese metal robots....and helicopters - wingythings are ok every now and again :-)

I am looking forward to doing an AFV for build later in the year (or maybe a ship, who knows), and as for the vignette - too many ideas!!!!

lol a modeller after my own hears. so many possibilities. so little time to carry them out

• Like 1

Exactly 68 - so much choice it's Hell, or Heaven - Helleaven!!! :-)