Horizon 1/20 Tyrannosaurus Rex and Apatosaurus

Hi

I've got 11 dino kits of various scales to build in 2016.

Apart from the Aurora/Revel Triceratops elsewhere on the forum, I've got started on a flesh munching, blood spurting fight scene of a diorama featuring good old Tyrannosaurus and a Apatosaurus / Brontosaurus.

Both are vinyl type PVC mouldings of the Horizon kits. I bought both thinking I had got myself a quarter priced unboxed bargain but what was delivered is a perfect recasting of the original's fine sculpted beasts.

I've had the kettle and hairdryer on both and have reposed the legs and neck twist of the T-Rex and reposed the neck, tail, stance and opened the mouth of the Apatosaurus. This big girl will be depicted crying out in pain with its tongue out having been chased and charged by the T-Rex being bitten in the rear flanks away from the whip side of the bigger girls tail. The T-Rex is designed with a static pose, so I have changed the legs to a running / sprinting pose and widened the jaw bite along with a complete repose of its tail.

All is on hold for the next 6 weeks or so while I am working overseas but I hope you enjoy them..

Thanks for looking in

DSCF5597_zpstykyhg2d.jpg

DSCF5598_zpslltojm9j.jpg

DSCF5600_zpsa6ggvdzv.jpg

DSCF5599_zpsjckdxfk6.jpg

The baby Triceratops here is for another project but at least you can see the Apatosaurus's feet and lack of toe nail manicure

DSCF5601_zpsdncha9tb.jpg

bye for now - John

• Like 2

Awesome.....I'm in! :popcorn:

PS - Where do you find all these wonderful dinosaur kits? I've been trying to get Tamiya's better diorama-base type 1/35 dinosaur kits for ages, but without very much success.....So far I've only managed to find the Chasmosaurus. :shrug:

Awesome.....I'm in! :popcorn:

PS - Where do you find all these wonderful dinosaur kits? I've been trying to get Tamiya's better diorama-base type 1/35 dinosaur kits for ages, but without very much success.....So far I've only managed to find the Chasmosaurus. :shrug:

Hi there - sadly I have to admit that ebay was the only answer although all were bought as 2nd hand and at good prices - the Tamiya Brachiosaurus looks great from what I have seen in the box so far

Sgt Squarehead, I got my Triceratops from this fella in Japan,and it didn't attract any import charges

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-60104-Triceratops-Diorama-Set-1-35-scale-kit-/391359426391?hash=item5b1ed6ef57

And what is it with the Chasmosaur? It seems to be the only Tamiya Dino kit widely available in the UK

• Like 1

I'm in too, nice subject John, reminds me of a comic strip called 'Flesh' which I think was in either Warlord or 2000ad comics when I was a kid. Which now has me remembering another one called 'Hookjaw' about a shark with the remains of a harpoon sticking out of its lower jaw. Both strips were pure bloodfests and I loved reading them. I'm a sick puppy!

Look forward to this!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 30/1/2016 at 12:02, Jockster said:

reminds me of a comic strip called 'Flesh' which I think was in either Warlord or 2000ad comics when I was a kid.

2000AD, Flesh was about men going back in time to harvest dinosaurs.   the star was a T-rex called old one eye...

On 30/1/2016 at 12:02, Jockster said:

Which now has me remembering another one called 'Hookjaw' about a shark with the remains of a harpoon sticking out of its lower jaw. Both strips were pure bloodfests and I loved reading them. I'm a sick puppy!

Hookjaw was in Action, "the sevenpenny nightmare"

there used to a great site all about it,  some of the content is here

http://downthetubes.net/?page_id=33280

it was very controversial,  and it went as far as an issue being withdrawn, and then being toned down.   

this is the intro

http://downthetubes.net/?page_id=33305

Fascinating story,  and interestingly occurring pre-punk,  and Action was pretty punk in it's attitude...

Ran across this thread looking for something else,  but thought the above might be of interest.

cheers

T

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

2000AD, Flesh was about men going back in time to harvest dinosaurs.   the star was a T-rex called old one eye...

Hookjaw was in Action, "the sevenpenny nightmare"

there used to a great site all about it,  some of the content is here

http://downthetubes.net/?page_id=33280

it was very controversial,  and it went as far as an issue being withdrawn, and then being toned down.   

this is the intro

http://downthetubes.net/?page_id=33305

Fascinating story,  and interestingly occurring pre-punk,  and Action was pretty punk in it's attitude...

Ran across this thread looking for something else,  but thought the above might be of interest.

cheers

T

You are a superstar Troy, to think that my grandmother used to by this and others for me when I was so very young, I guess she never actually read one. What a blast from the past. I even had the red arrow gift!