This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Mig-31BM Foxhound Review Build 1:48

Beautiful model Mike. Like I sad, mine won't come anywhere near the level of excellence you achieve with this one.

The 31 is a beautiful aircraft IMHO, the only thing I don't like about them is the look of the MLG. I'll probably build mine in flight, with the refueling probe extended.

Quickly and qualitatively! Superb! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup2:

That is one stunning model.

I just wish I could come close to that standard.

Regards

Tony

I know it's plastic, but it still looks like a tonne to lift... the quality of the kit and of your build both look excellent.

Jay

Gorgeous model - your paintwork is lovely. I'm sorry I managed to miss the build while it was happening. Will go and have a look now :)

Will

Thanks fellas - better late than never Will ;)

I did later, yes. She's sat in the photo booth upside down at the moment, waiting for me to darken a few recesses that I'd forgotten to do earlier. Hopefully I can do that without pinging off all the static wicks :unsure:

Wow, that's nice! A job extremely well done.

I concur that the tandem wheel arrangement distracts from the brutish elegance of the aircraft - makes it look kind of clumsy, but on the other hand you get to see some nice intricate strut detail that wouldn't be there on a standard single or twin wheel MLG.

Is the finished model heavy and will the plastic struts hold over time?

I'll wait for the B/BS release though as I begin to think the boat with the box full of BM/BSM kits for Hannants got lost on the way to the UK...

Cheers

Jeffrey

Incredible Mike, absolutely incredible!

Rgds,

Eng

Mike, that is the work of a legend and your build alone has made up my mind that I want to build this kit

Thanks for the photo Mike, so good... both modelling skill and actual model, a credit to you & AMK. Looking forward to getting mine, still not bothered ordering one yet!

Blimey that's a cracking build Mike. What a pity that the subject holds little wow for me but the detail.............

Well done Mike and AMK.

This kit has been a revelation. And your build definitely gave me motivation. Outstanding!

Magnificent model Mike, really well done. Your build has prompted me to order one too.

excellent !!

Oliver

superb work looks great.... and does look like a very nice kit ...damn you another one added to wants list.....

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Is the finished model heavy and will the plastic struts hold over time?

It is fairly heavy, but I think the struts will be ok. If you're going to load it with resin weapons & aftermarket though, you'd probably want to consider a metal set if they come to pass. They would have to be very accurate in terms of dimensions though, as the struts are a very precise fit both into the sockets in the bay, and to each-other :)