Mig-31BM Foxhound Review Build 1:48

Mike

Caution: Massive thread drift!

That was my original screen name for multiplayer online gaming back in the 90s :nerd:

I knew that, but what does it mean??!

Hello,Mike - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Foxhound'.Your modelling and finishing skills speak for themselves with this resplendent 'Beast from the East'.

You mentioned in an earlier reply that you would like to pose her on a base and I'm sure that if you were to do so,your model would be one of those which is hard to differentiate from the real thing. :) All the very best,Paul.

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of the best modern jets I've seen in quite a while. This is awesome because I'm about to start an F-15E so I'm pretty excited about using this to inspire me. But it also sucks because I've been trying to avoid buying the 1/48 Mig25 but it's getting awfully tough now not to hit BUY.

Your paint job is just gorgeous. And that kit is simply stunning! Even without your lovely paint!

And before I sign off, love the photography. Would have been a shame to spoil such a great build with soft, under exposed and grainy shots.

Well done sir!

Thank you guys ^_^ It's nice to see that people are still popping in to have a looksee from time to time :) Now, where's the AMK Mig-25? I'm going to build the heck out of that when it arrives! :yahoo:

• Like 1

:lol: thanks Andy, but as with any model, there are plenty of little mistakes here & there. :nerd: Just less than my usual litany due to the quality of the kit :)

• Like 1

That is one fine piece of modelling. The Foxhound is a real brute of a plane, and that kit has captured the look splendidly.

I managed to see some real Foxhounds at Tashkent airport a long time ago. Not a hope in hell of getting any photographs, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found here in the US MR Paint and they have Russian colors, is MR Paint good as I have the AMK MiG-31 BM/BSM in the stash and was thinking about picking up MR Paint for it.

Thanks,

James Sontag