Mig-31BM Foxhound Review Build 1:48

Mike

Beautiful model Mike. Like I sad, mine won't come anywhere near the level of excellence you achieve with this one.

The 31 is a beautiful aircraft IMHO, the only thing I don't like about them is the look of the MLG. I'll probably build mine in flight, with the refueling probe extended.

I did later, yes. She's sat in the photo booth upside down at the moment, waiting for me to darken a few recesses that I'd forgotten to do earlier. Hopefully I can do that without pinging off all the static wicks :unsure:

• Like 1

Wow, that's nice! A job extremely well done.

I concur that the tandem wheel arrangement distracts from the brutish elegance of the aircraft - makes it look kind of clumsy, but on the other hand you get to see some nice intricate strut detail that wouldn't be there on a standard single or twin wheel MLG.

Is the finished model heavy and will the plastic struts hold over time?

I'll wait for the B/BS release though as I begin to think the boat with the box full of BM/BSM kits for Hannants got lost on the way to the UK...

Cheers

Jeffrey

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Is the finished model heavy and will the plastic struts hold over time?

It is fairly heavy, but I think the struts will be ok. If you're going to load it with resin weapons & aftermarket though, you'd probably want to consider a metal set if they come to pass. They would have to be very accurate in terms of dimensions though, as the struts are a very precise fit both into the sockets in the bay, and to each-other :)